Sunday, January 24, 2016

snow returns

It looked to be lightly snowing when I shut lights out last night around midnight and this morning I awoke to everything covered in fluffy snow. The low was only -2 which is perfect. Big D has been acting a bit off and this am he seemed to have had a bit more incontinence then normal, RVT in training B suggested a UTI so I began treatments thru the day of apple cider vinegar to help it out if this was what was ailing him.

The March Fab Furniture Flip contest had an opening I was offered so I had to figure what I could come up with for a Mix & Match furniture project using upholstery foam. Finally I went with a high end chair makeover and got my supply list sorted. Next order of business, more sanding on the chair base while watching another MAM
I also designed this sign to paint
a few new staged chair pics to post

 not sure of amount of snow, 1" on the level but here is an idea
By noon it hit 0 and soon after the sun began to burn thru. It warmed up to 2 so Britt caught Bird and Pepper. She and I rode in the arena and then headed out in the sunshine. Lola came along but once back, horses dried and released we got the other 3 and gave all 4 dogs a nice short walk. Short because miss Lexi is not the best off leash dog and is far to fast ;)








By now it is almost 5 so time to whip up a quick hamburger and get Britt on the road. As we were finishing up the fog started to roll in and fast. B left at 5:45 but called at Langdon overpass on hwy #1 half hour later saying it was crazy fog so turning around. She was back home by 6:45 and it was all clear but rolled in again at 7:45.. crazy fog. She hunkered down after making a pan of brownies, staying the night and will leave early in the AM.
as the fog rolled in the temps dropped to -7!
I finished Making a Murderer while sourcing Pinterest ideas...hmmm. Shaina had reported earlier this afternoon the storm had ended and then had gotten out to do sightseeing before their concert tonight, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment