Friday, January 29, 2016

GF project finally a go

Project day is finally here, without appointments and such today I can get some wood working help from Prince. We started cutting and scrolling a replacement side piece for the end table which is to be my FFF January contest piece. This took some work but between us we got it mastered and affixed to the table. They do say the right tools for the job make it go twice as fast.. or perhaps that is what I say! So wishing I would have bought all Papa's woodworking tools at the sale and have a stocked garage ;)
 after board is cut to length I trace the pattern from existing side
 and Carl Jr gets creative with a jig saw sometimes making his own lines
 then I sand to match the other side
with the kreg jig (handy little tool) we get the side securely affixed 

After hot lunch, he tackled securing the hooks to my coat rack (I staged and posted quick) as well as cutting off the tops of the 2 chairs for the FFF March project. (Thanks to Britt for holding them, she arrived home early with no afternoon classes at 1:30)


Time to start paint process with General Finishes new chalk paint.

key west blue
 and i missed the photo of the completely coated table before I started sanding the top down again
I wanted the blue to peek thru the java stain I put on next (again missed the photo) and wiped back leaving to dry well overnight. Time consuming hand painting the detailed carvings on sides and legs followed as well as a free hand detailing on the new portion to look like the other carved sides.

After chilling in her room for awhile I forced Britt to walk the dogs in the beauty +6 weather. She snapped this cute picture. Then she headed to town late afternoon to pick up tanning salon key as she has a work shift tomorrow.
Between internet breaks Sheldon did manage to bolt in the stall boards and then cut some plywood to continue the barn progress. I continued in the garage repairing an old frame and the chest to get ready for painting.
Spaghetti supper was followed by PVR catch-up for B, newspaper catch-up for S and more Shadow Hunters for me.. whew busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment