Tuesday, November 12, 2013

931 - getting busy with furniture

Day 931 was a fly out Tuesday. Sheldon was up and therefore as was I at 3 am, he and Shaina were out the door by 3:59 off to the airport. She was back at 5:45 and jumped back into bed while I enjoyed another hour and half before getting up for work!
10+ deer crossing this am

Work is still very slow and no layoffs have yet to be issued. By noon with nothing to do, I headed home to start work on my next custom order, a dresser. As I was getting ready to start the project I had a call from a lady wanting to come see the hutch. Cleaning like crazy was next with a wee bit of help from Shaina who was now up. Once vacuumed and clean I headed to the workshop to get stuff ready.

The gal arrived and found the black hutch a bit smaller than what she needed BUT after showing her the one I have int he garage to do she put $200 down and claimed it. She hoped to have it by Jan 2nd but realized that time is crunching so if not for then, then April after their return from working in Fort Mac for the winter will be fine. Hmmm not a bad deal.
 came interested in this one and left deposit for one below
It was then time to get my paint made up trying to create the custom color the client wanted. I started the paint job just as one of the rulers buyers arrived. She was quick to grab and then off so I was quickly back at it finishing the first coat. Unsure of the color for the client I snapped a few photos and mailed them off. She thinks it will be just fine. custom work is hard on that factor, Is it what they were wanting rather than coming and buying something already finished.
 the repair is a sucess
 my custom color shows greener in the light but is actually more blue
As I finished up Shaina heated up chicken fried rice for her and I for supper. Britt worked after school getting home around 7. I was back out int he garage and put 2nd coat of blue on, distressed it a bit, painted the hardware and worked on a maple board for another sign ordered.
 another great sunset while trying to get true color picture of the paint
 Shaina fed the two old ones, Mr J supervises
 more true color, great night
I showered up and had a call from a gal with a new chalk paint to Canada called American Paint Company. She talked for nearly an hour not only about the paint but the fact she used to live in Calgary and Acme before moving to Ontario 15 years ago. May have to give this paint a try as it is similar to Cece Caldwell with no VOC's. Shaina headed in for a sleepover with Kaylin just after 10 since Kaylin was working till 11 tonight, happy sleep over sweets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment