Friday, November 1, 2013

920 - travelling hairdresser arrives at the ranch

Day 920 was yet another gorgeous plus 9 day. Britt was up and had her car started by 8 and out the door soon after.. where too you say so early?? well I told her Walmart had candy on half price! Apparently she stocked up good!

I started the day with my new favorite tea ; pumpkin spice which I purchased a box for at home along with Britt's favorite apple cinnamon.This paired with THE BEST apple, a honey crisp was a great start. I planted a honey crisp tree and it was one of the hailed out pricey ones! ;-( I also tested out a couple clusters which I saw on Dragons Den, good but soooooo sweet!
 enjoyed working on a few projects in the morning such as white washing my pine table
 I added grey and black for depth too but liking the fresh feel


I wiped and waxed the frame I painted last night, I was going to paint actual chalk board paint on the glass but thought green lovers might want to use the mats and frame instead so will see what replies I get on my page
 I then painted the planned jewelry frame black, waxed then painted white
 some of my new products
But just before 2 I had visitors. Amanda was coming to color my hair, talk about service, THANKS sister XOXOXOXO
 hulky man who assured me he was just Asher!!
Shaina was finally up around noon and was testing her makeup for tonight so when they arrived she too was in costume
 Ada too was a ballerina, just not broken like Shaina



 a shot of the band rehearsing while my hair processed
 then it was rinse and visit before they headed home just before 5. Britt brought home her candy stash and got loaded to head to her friends where they will dress and head to their costume party and sleeping over at Brooke's. She took off just after 5 and Shaina just before 5:30, she was heading to work the golf course wine gala tonight then partake in the Stations costume night.
here is a shot of the snow nearly gone after a few nice days but the forecast is for more to arrive tomorrow, hmmm guess winter is on its way.
a pack of hunters..herd? posse? gaggle?  ;-)

Evening events for me included distressing and waxing the jewelry frame in dark wax
 close up of details
 then clear waxing the table
I then worked on marketing my wares while I waited for the rustic frames and mirror auction to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment