Monday, November 4, 2013

923 - vet day for the doggies

Day 923 the soft snow was falling when first up but eventually the sun shone thru. With only a high of -5 it was an OK day as no wind and lots of sun. But my hibiscus had THREE blooms greeting me this morning.
I got moving early after Britt was off to school. Today I finished up the shelf giving it a white glaze and hand waxed finish then staged it for sale.
Shaina got up to help take the dogs to the vet at 11.
 Big D loving the ride. The vet kept both Coco and D for tests for an hour so Shaina and I ran errands and had lunch. The results were good for coco siting no blood work alarms and such so was put on a new weight loss food but poor Diego seems to be suffering from a bladder infection so is on pills for 10 days. After I paid the $300+ bill we took them for a quick trip to the dog park.
I recruited another savvy shopper, Mom scored some great pieces for me from a sale at the Lanfine hall this w/e, THANKS MOM!! all this for $40!!
In the afternoon I started on the first custom work .. the desk and chair. I mixed up the custom paint and the custom chalk paint and got busy putting the first coat on the entire thing.

Shaina went out and threw hay while I worked but the horses were perplexed as to how to get it so eventually she leaped on KD and tried to lead them around. However this did not work so she tried Daisy and still no luck,
 it was Britt to the rescue as she was getting home from school
 she jumped on Pepper and then lead the rest around, success .. thanks girls!
I wrapped up my photo frame to mail off to my Fort Mac customer and luckily I had a few beer boxes for protection. Good sacrifice to have heavy duty packaging, drink up Shelly!
Shaina went to town to have supper with Emily and then they were back out here for a sleep over later in the evening giggling into the late night. Britt watched her TV and I enjoyed a hot bath after a long day and started a new book. Unfortunately I read till close till 2 am and then could not sleep till after 5 :-(, starting to sleep like Shaina :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment