Wednesday, June 26, 2013

791 - hay is all cut

Day 791, beautiful sunny day. Sheldon was up at 7 and headed out to finish cutting the hay which he did by 11:30. I was up at 8 and out watering the flower beds and feeding horses. I even delivered the swather man a cappuccino. (although his compressor bust on his air conditioning last night so a cold beverage might have been better) I spent the next few hours updating the blog which is a task as I have not done it since last Thursday!

Shaina was up and ate before heading to work for 11. The boys were up visited a bit and ate before heading to town to golf just before noon. I had to flog Britt up to eat and get on the road to Hanna for what is hopefully her last trip at 12:30.
here is the finished pillars rock only
After lunch Sheldon dumped the pea gravel and held Pepper while I trimmed his feet. I also hosed out KD's cut, seems no one did yesterday :-( 

Back in the house at 3 Sheldon napped while I updated accounting. The boys arrived home around 4:30 tuckered out. They did help me get the horses in the small pen to wait until girls arrive. Britt was home at 5:30 and Shaina at 6. They changed and we loaded horses up and headed to Calgary for polocrosse practice. It was a gorgeous night.. minus the mosquitoes!!

We finished up around 9:30, loaded them up and headed east making a well earned stop at DQ on the way. The fellows were refreshed and met us at Langdon taking the girls back to the city to see the movie This is the End. Sheldon and I continued home making food, unloading, feeding and blanketing horses in the dark and putting in pastures. I tossed Shannon's horses and the skinnies hay for the night. We finally got in the house at 11:30 showered and Sheldon packed up a small bag for work tomorrow.

Kaylin and Aaron made it safely home from Vegas bring Stephanie with them. After a slight misdirection given to Steph they loaded up and safely delivered her to us at 1 am. They picked up Lexi and headed to their apartment not sure what they would find.

No comments:

Post a Comment