Wednesday, June 19, 2013

784 - Dad brings feet to me :-)

Day 784 was yet another early start. I was awake at 6:30 to be sure Britt was up. Rachel was off to work at 6:45 and Britt was close behind but sure a bit late for her 7 am shift at the stables. She did have porridge before going! Dad called at 7:20 to see if today was still a go to have me trim 2 horses feet then Mom called at 7:55 to say he had left! The window blind guy called about 8:15 so I decided I might as well get up.

A cup of my new Tassimo flavor; vanilla latte helped get me going. I checked the rain gauge, it showed 1/10th. The day is forecast to unleash some more and it looks like it sure will. Time to feed the dog and kitties who are not eating kitty food much more readily and open the gate for the ponies to graze.
my bug rugged lawnmowers

The mason showed up at 9 alone to try and get some work done. There is 1 and 1/2 pillars left to finish. Dad arrived at 10:30 with Jessie and Bandit so I got busy trimming them finishing up just after 12. Britt was home from work around 11:30. Shaina and the boys got up late after there night on the town, ate and headed out to tack up and ride.

Dad and I ate while watching, he loaded up and headed for home around 1. I went out to snap a few shots then trimmed daisy's feet too.











Shaina and the fellows went to town at 2:30 to eat and try to golf again. Will see as it has been raining most of the day in Calgary. Only one quick shower happened while I was trimming first batch.

Britt showered up and was off to job #2 of the day for 4-9:30 shift. The mason headed home at 3:30 not quite finished. I was making hamburger soup when I saw a few horses go by, sure enough Julio and KD had pushed thru the tape and wandered around but a quick rope around Ju's neck and back in the pen they went.
I brought the cat bed in, it is their new favorite thing. All 4 cuddle up :-0)

Shaina, Rachel and the fellows arrived back at the ranch at 7:30 to enjoy a hot bowl of soup on a crappy windy day. I am so tired I think I shall go read while they watch the hockey game, then played video games before going to town for drinks at the Green Bar. Pretty sure Britt is going to be sacked when she gets off her shift but she was up till late until 11!

The rain started at 8 coming in hard around 9 and continuing thru the night. The party animals got home at 2 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment