Sunday, January 27, 2013

643 - last day of winter vacation

Day 643 was sadly the last day of our winter vacation. Even though it was the last possible sleep in day, that did not happen, both of us were up at 8 am :-) I bet tomorrow we both want to sleep in!

It was a lovely sunny day. Time to finish unpacking and putting suitcases away with a hot coffee and baileys. OK Sheldon did not but I did, put suitcase away that is) Sheldon spent most of the day relaxing in front of his fire watching basketball, a new found sport interest. I spent most of the day doing dreaded accounting, bill payments and such as well as updating the blog and doing many small tasks on my list.

Britt was forced awake just after 12:30, encouraged to ride in the sunshine. This did not happen but rather a slow lazy rising only preparing for work at 3. At 2, Sheldon headed out to take down the exterior Christmas lights. About quarter to 3 Britt backed the truck out and chauffeured herself to work with Sheldon as co pilot. I headed out to refill the horses salt and mineral mix then trimmed Julio, Daisy picked out ice from a few others. Diego assisted keeping the trimmings cleared up while Jenkins washed horses faces that dared to get near him. It was very entertaining. He also decided to ride on Baby's back for a bit too shown below
Sheldon brought home a chai tea and said Candace Dwayne and the boys were on their way. I scurried in and gussied up a wee bit and at just before 4 they arrived. We enjoyed a nice visit with a house tour for Dwayne as it was his first time. They headed back tot he hat about quarter after 5 and Sheldon began supper. He has been craving kraft dinner so made it to go with chicken wings, corn and leftover salad.

I caught up with Shaina via facebook while continuing to find salvaged wood to make our dining table. After supper I updated the blog quick before hitting a nice hot bath. After riding and trimming my muscles are aching.. looks like I best start an exercise program again :-)

Sheldon did not feel well so went to bed after picking Britt up from work at 8. I spent the evening reading and trying to find more table plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment