Thursday, January 10, 2013

626 - storm continues

Day 626 the blowing snow and cold temperatures continue. Brrrr it sure makes leaving this tundra on Saturday that much more appealing. Driving Britt to school thru the drifting road conditions

After lunch, Sharon and I had lovely pedicures, Thanks Shaina!! Will do the mother daughter day when  you return with the other one!
I also stopped to get our travel cash and power adapters to pack before venturing home thru the blustery storm. Back at the ranch I spent much time skyping and helping Shaina and Emily plan their Thailand adventure. As I mentioned in previous blog they are going to do a tour group one month deal and then stay on for a bit on their own checking out Phukett. She was also packing up for their first tournament weekend. I also got to have a quick chat with the dad, Steve which was nice to put a face with a name. I am enjoying Skye and will use on our trip a few times I am sure. To call us, search my name or crazy0ne1.


Britt worked after school till nine so Sheldon and I had a quick simple supper before he took out a bale for the ponies to keep them warm during the storm. Just before 8 we headed to town and were surprised that the wind had finally died down allowing the huge fluffy snowflakes to fall in what to me seems like a great ski snow fall. We enjoyed a nice hot infared sauna then a chai tea before picking her up from work and heading back home.
The rest of the night was spent spray protecting Britt's all new boots and
playing words with friends (Sheldon too) and reading. I finished The 17 Day Plan to Stop Aging and starting Beyond Snapshots and Happier at Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment