Sunday, July 12, 2026

Wrapping Up Stampede Week

I ordered more coffee pods while enjoying one in bed this morning. It seems we go through them faster than I realize!

After his usual two cups of coffee, S headed off to church while I spent part of the morning on the phone with the bank helping sort out some paperwork for a loan B is setting up and getting Kaylin's remaining portion figured out.

I tossed hay to Roo and noticed the Ember crew putting up new tech fence flags. Progress! From there I settled back into computer work, getting Thursday's blog published, sharing the kids chair tutorial on more linky parties, catching up on a bit of accounting, and slowly making my way through the never-ending computer tasks.

S arrived home from church with a few groceries, grabbed some lunch, then settled into Big Brown. I got the laundry started despite the cloudy skies and gusty winds. Somewhere along the way I spotted a post from Saving Grace looking for a home for a miniature pony.

Well... down the rabbit hole I went.


The rescue (same as where we got Harley) needed a set up video

I sent it to Kaylin and this was a video I received back :)

We both headed back outside—S to hook up the dump trailer, only to discover one wheel had locked up, and me to spend some time yardening. Watering, weeding, and puttering in the gardens seemed like the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

B came out and took Jimmy's fly sheet off before tossing in another load of laundry. While S started moving bales around the field and ours to the yard, B and I caught our trusty steeds and headed out for a ride. Thanks to the steady breeze there wasn't a bug to be found, and the sun kept peeking in and out from behind the clouds.

Once we were home and the horses untacked and turned out, it was time to scrub yesterday's mud off the horse boots and clean up the tack. I popped inside to switch the laundry and throw our sheets into the washer while B fed the horses and put Jimmy's clean fly sheet back on before heading home.

The Stampede finals played on and off all day as we wandered in and out of the house. B and I caught the barrel racing while S and I watched the saddle bronc and bull riding as we worked on supper. By then the sun had fully come out, making for a beautiful 28°C afternoon.

After supper, S headed into town to test the dump trailer after removing the problem tire. The plan is to run it with five of the six tires tomorrow while moving the small square bales. I took Harley for a walk and met S coming back into the yard. Once home, he pressure washed the swather and vacuumed out the cab since the buyer is still expected tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I remade the bed with our fresh sheets.

In the city, Shaina and Kaylin had Britt come join them for a Nintendo game night. XOXO

A hot tub was the perfect way to end such a beautiful evening. Afterwards we settled in to watch a couple of episodes of The Dutton Ranch with a big yogurt fruit bowl before calling it a day.


Hard to capture but the 11 pm sky was like a rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment