I was able to simply hit publish on Sunday's blog post right from my iPad while drinking my coffee in bed this morning. Having it completely finished yesterday felt like quite the accomplishment.
S finally dragged himself out of bed after his second coffee around 10:30, just as I was starting my workout. After breakfast, he headed outside to load another batch of bales. The day was incredibly dreary thanks to the smoke drifting in from B.C.? or maybe just heavy clouds, yet somehow it was still humid and warm.
After my shower, I tossed hay to Roo while S headed off to deliver the load. I chopped up another plant to propagate—fingers crossed it takes—then spent some time yardening. I even sat down and read a little of my new book before ordering lunch since S was looping through town to renew his licence and update his phone number so he could apply for Alberta's new $100 rebate.
Lunch arrived, and once we'd eaten, S headed back out to load and deliver another batch of bales while I returned to my battle with the weeds. Armed with my hand weeder, I worked through the gravel garden beds and the island mulch, pulling dandelions for Roo as I went. Even under the smoky, overcast skies, it was still 25°C and enough to work up a sweat.
I decided to check on my Volkswagen app and rescan my car in and guess what? IT WORKED!!! finally. Seems I will not have to take it back in for a new module, it was all bad end computer work on there end.
A break from the heat was in order, so I came inside to work on blog posts, marketing, and a bit of accounting. Just as S pulled back into the yard for another load, Harley and I were walking down to the gate to pick up my Nespresso parcel. While S loaded the truck, I tackled the front entry deck, sweeping away cobwebs, dust, and general grime.
I'm still debating whether to repaint the front door the same deep purple or switch things up entirely. Either way, the area needed a good cleaning first.
Since I'd already showered, I wasn't keen on pressure washing the wall and deck today, so I moved on to hand watering the planters instead. Meanwhile, S was charging the battery on the dump trailer after all the recent bale-hauling had drained it down.
By then it was time for a cold beverage and a pepperoni snack—thanks, Mom W!—before S headed off with the last load of the day. I tagged along, and once the bales were delivered, we continued into town for the Tuesday steak sandwich special at the Roadhouse.
It was really good this time.
We made it back to the ranch around 7:30. S headed out to load the buyer's final five bales for delivery tomorrow while I finished writing today's blog post. Before long, however, the outdoors was calling again, and I found myself back in the garden with my hand weeder and gloves.
B arrived around 8:00, enjoyed her Opa supper, fed the horses, and headed home about half an hour later.
As the evening settled in, I finished the final episode of We Were Liars during the golden hour. S climbed into bed, scrolled through his phone for a bit, and was asleep in no time.
Once my series ended, I switched to my book and read while the sunset blazed through the picture window. Despite the smoke-filled day, the evening sky put on quite a show, glowing long after 10:00.
A beautiful ending to a very grey day.






Betty and I enjoyed supper at Roadhouse on the way home from first hand surgery. Jessica was our server! Was nice to catch up.
ReplyDelete