Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Coffee, Car Wash and Canada day

Happy Canada Day!

I was awake shortly after 7, ready to start the day. Eventually I made coffees for us, then another round for Matt and Shaina when they came upstairs. The weather was looking much better than the forecast had promised, so we pushed our riding plans back to 11.

Before the day really got underway, S alerted me to a problem in the bedroom. After only two nights on the trial duvet, there was a pee stain on one exposed corner. YIKES. My first thought... how am I going to get that out? Step one was a good rinse while hoping for the best. After multiple washes and finally some bleach I put it on the deck to dry.

The extra time before our ride gave Matt and Shaina a chance to clean out and pressure wash the Jeep while I uploaded Monday's spur of the moment blog.



they are so close to blooming

B—and Whizzer, otherwise known as Cooper—arrived at 11. Horses were caught, tacked up and before long we were on our way. The mosquitoes quickly convinced us to stay close to the house and barn paddock, although we did finish the ride with a trip partway down the driveway. Thanks to a little encouragement from Switch, Jimmy even broke into a lope. Way to go, Jimmy!


Cowboy Matt has his own personal groom :)
She also helped her Dad too <3







Once the horses were untacked and hosed off, it was time for a cold beverage on the deck. The day had turned out far nicer than anyone expected. There were iced coffees all around, with reviews ranging from "yummy" to "just so-so." LOL. S threw sausage on the BBQ while I made a big salad to go with it.



Just a cowgirl and her cat <3


And this little miss with her dog

Shaina and Matt got ready to head to a Canada Day BBQ with the Boysis family. On the way to town we followed them over to help the Stouts move a gazebo. They continued on to the party while we stayed for a nice visit with Whitney, Kyle and the kids.

On the way home we grabbed a jug of milk. Since the weather had turned out to be absolutely beautiful, I picked strawberries, hand-watered the planters and tomatoes, and got the soaker hoses running in the gardens. Meanwhile, S quickly mowed down the kochia weeds in the house paddock.

I settled onto the deck to write the blog in the afternoon sunshine while S opted for a relaxing soak in the hot tub.

After 7, we headed inside and, just like that, the weather changed. Dark clouds rolled in as S cooked steak and 2 hot dogs on the BBQ for supper with a side of shrimp.

The rest of the evening was quiet. I watched more of We Were Liars while S watched sports. Right on cue, just as the forecast had predicted, the rain arrived around 9. It was short-lived but managed to drop another .03 of an inch before moving on.

1 comment: