I heard Harley's usual quiet bark alert around 12:30 and knew Renn was making her way to my bed. Little miss tossed and turned until about 4:00. I heard B up a couple of times during the night doing Cooper care. She's become quite good at manually expressing his bladder while he's lying down, which is much less stressful for him. Just before 7:00, Renn was awake and ready to start the day. I managed to sweet-talk her into staying in bed by playing pigs with our fingers and watching a little Peppa Pig until Aislyn woke around 7:45.
Once we got back, Cooper had a bath for his back end before we settled him inside. He was asleep almost instantly after all his fresh air. B headed out to feed the horses while I made lunch for the girls. They happily munched on pretzels before settling in with Bluey while I worked on today's blog at the island. Shortly after 1:00, B made another trip to town to pick up a few things she needed for a birthday celebration concert with Shaina this evening.
S arrived home around 2:00 sporting his new knee brace before claiming his spot on the couch to catch up on the rodeo. Aislyn was content to sit quietly petting Cooper, much to Renn's disappointment since she wanted a playmate. Nana stepped in to fill the playmate role.
The tractor was fixed, and the neighbour headed home before 5:00. Meanwhile, Renn and Aislyn were happily busy playing hairdresser.
I wanted to make sure B had something to eat before she left, so I threw some chicken wings into the oven. Once she was ready, she quickly ate a few, gave Cooper a hug, and headed off to meet Shaina before 5:30. Renn had requested sausage when she arrived yesterday, so that became supper along with roasted vegetables. Naturally, the vegetables were ignored in favour of Alphagetti and sausage only for her while Aislyn ate it all.
S was once again glued to the rodeo after missing over an hour while fixing the tractor. His couch position near Cooper allowed me to tend to the girls.
After supper, the girls played for a while before bath time. Aislyn was a wonderful helper while I tossed another load of laundry in. Then it was laps around the pool table—as promised—to dry her hair and burn off some energy. Teeth were brushed, Renn had her cough medicine, and the girls were rewarded with 20 minutes of Peppa Pig on the iPad in Aislyn's bed while I squeezed in a workout.
When I finished my workout, I scooped up little miss and tucked her into bed. After a late night and early morning, she was exhausted. One short story, one song, and she was sound asleep in less than seven minutes, before 7:30.
For a few minutes I thought the evening might finally settle enough to catch my breath. Instead, I did Cooper care, helped reposition him so he was comfortable, then grabbed a shower. While I was folding laundry in the bedroom, the wind caught the door and woke Cooper. I gave him some water and managed to coax another couple of tablespoons of food into him, even though he wasn't impressed. S headed for a hot tub while I went back to folding clothes, and that's when the camera notified me that Renn was crying around 8:30.
The Sam Barber concert was packed and hard to see him, but big sister Shaina did put B on her shoulders in hopes a better view <3
She wasn't settling and wanted Nana's bed instead. Up we went, and before long she was asleep beside me with ocean sounds playing softly on my phone. It seems Aislyn napped a bit too as she then popped into the bedroom door with a cheerful, "Good morning!" Ah... no, Ais, it's definitely still tonight!
She quietly petted Cooper before taking Harley outside for a brush and giving Jenkins his nightly snuggles while I finished a few chores and did another round of Cooper care. Then Renn woke again. I let Aislyn watch the iPad while I spent the next hour with an upset little girl who couldn't decide whether she wanted her own bed or Nana's. I finally had S carry her back downstairs, but she was soon calling for Nana again. When I brought her back upstairs one last time, she barely made a sound, just quietly rustling around until she finally drifted off sometime after 11:30.
I checked on Aislyn and had her shut the iPad off around midnight. B arrived home from her sisters' concert night about 12:30. She took over Cooper care then I helped reposition him before we all finally settled in for the night. Around 4:00 a.m. I noticed the light on again and helped B move him once more. We've become surprisingly efficient at all the lifting, repositioning, and teamwork these days.




















You both have learned new nursing skills through necessity.
ReplyDeleteWe did get pretty good as a team, B on her own is a top notch animal care giver!
Delete