I woke around 8:30 to one of the strangest weather moments. Rain was coming down while the sun was shining. It only lasted a few minutes, but it was crazy way to wake.
S brought us coffees in bed before I headed to the computer to work on what was probably the saddest blog post I've written in a very long time. Loading the photos and videos of Cooper wasn't easy. I also had a bit of a battle trying to get my video off Instagram, but thanks to Chat, I finally got it sorted out.
While I worked away, S headed to the shop to rearrange a few things in the mezzanine to make room for the bales and spent some time working on the bale conveyor. I took a break to sweep up some loose hay and toss Roo her hay before settling back in to finish the blog.
I also finally published my little kids' chair tutorial featuring the decoupage paper. Creative Moments has definitely taken a back seat since the market and everything that's happened over the past couple of weeks.
Later, while S headed over to Matt's in the Ranger to help with yet another starter repair, I tackled some weeding in the garden. It was an absolute scorcher out there. After that, I came inside, made myself a sandwich, and finally sat down to tackle some long-overdue accounting and bill paying. I also spent more than 35 minutes on the phone with our internet provider, only for them to tell me there appears to be occasional interference with our tower.
Well... yes. We knew that already!
S was back about an hour later in time for lunch and, of course, the Stampede coverage.
With Harley loaded up using her new ramp, we headed into town. The wind had really picked up by then. We made a quick stop at Tim Hortons for iced coffees and a Timbit for Harley before returning an Amazon parcel for B and heading over to her place.
The afternoon was spent helping B with a few projects around the townhouse. We hung a new piece of artwork while S ran a few errands, including a return and dropping off some borrowed tools. B and I tidied up her backyard with a little pruning and a quick mow before hauling her air conditioner upstairs from storage and getting it running.
It was definitely needed on a 30°C day.
After saying our goodbyes, Harley was loaded up and we headed back to the ranch.
Our next project was figuring out why the garage fridge wasn't staying cold. As soon as S removed the back panel, the problem became pretty obvious. Years of dust and grime had built up around the coils. After giving everything a thorough vacuum, S thought there was a difference. While he worked on the fridge, I swept out the garage, wiped everything down, and moved the big dog beds back into place once we were finished.
Fingers crossed that solved the problem. But not long after S read another solution is shutting it off and letting everything drain so I moved all the food and it was unplugged.
Back inside, I sent the robot off to clean the floors while another load of laundry got underway. B stopped by to feed and check on her horses. S loaded up some of the loose hay around the pit along with four stray small square bales into the Ranger for her to feed.
Supper was simple leftovers while the robot carried on cleaning and the Stampede played in the background. I sat at the island writing today's blog, realizing there was only one more day left of this year's Stampede.
Later, S settled in for the chuckwagon races while I watched a little Prime before we wrapped up the evening with the final episode of Clarkson's Farm.
And, of course, it ended on a cliffhanger.





I try to vacuum behind my fridge at least one time per year. I wonder if I have done that this year?
ReplyDeletethis one had not been since we got it and it requires the back to be screwed off with a small driver so takes a concentrated effort , will be more conscientious going forward
Delete