It was softly snowing again when I woke. I lay awake after 7, expecting to hear Renn, but the house stayed quiet until Kaylin texted after 8. I went to get Renn so she could get some sleep, let the dogs out quickly, and we crawled back into bed with the iPad for a bit. That didn’t last long. When I went to grab bacon from the freezer, I found a wet spot on the carpet and a rather stinky gift on the floor. Seems I needed to make sure all 3 dogs did their business before getting back in bed. Cleanup followed, then it was time for coffee, with little miss enjoying an orange and apple juice. Thankfully her tummy issue resolved in the night and today she feels much better.
B and Cooper were out around 1 for a short visit. Soon after, the Boysis family packed up gifts, luggage, kid, and dogs and headed back to their place before 2, preparing for the next round of grandparents arriving for the week. B trimmed Harley’s nails, then S headed out to roll a bale while she fed the horses. I watered my plants and finally sat down to check email and start today’s blog—yesterday’s still waiting, as the memory seems a bit weak.
B and Cooper headed home before 3:30 to relax while S started plowing the road. Time to get the floors and carpets vacuumed as S shoveled snow. He took Harley for a much-needed walk while I paused mid-vacuuming to do some accounting and begin yesterday’s blog. When he came back in, we stopped for a cold beer before I returned to vacuuming and he moved Shaina’s Jeep and plowed the spot it had been covering—then another beer followed.
I continued working the blog in the bedroom, starting the new season of Emily in Paris, (this season they are in Rome which only intensifies my desire to go there one day) while S headed to the TV room for hockey after his multi-day hiatus. There was no formal “boxing up” today, though it does seem to describe the general tidying after the past few eventful days.
The house felt oddly quiet until the wind picked up after 11:30. By then, hurricane-like winds and snow had set in, carrying on through the night.





No comments:
Post a Comment