Thursday, December 11, 2025

Arctic Air, Small Projects, and a Cozy Night In

It was a bitter start to the day at –18, with a cutting wind that pushed the feel closer to –24. Poor horses—thankfully two of them were blanketed last night, which offered some comfort in the deep cold. Inside, the morning was quieter and warmer: coffee and marketing for me, coffee and computer time for S. In the city, little Miss Renn was up at 5:30, with Auntie Shaina taking the early shift—true love energy.



eventually she fell back asleep before nutrition conscious Shaina made her breakfast

Most of my morning was spent in the garage, focused on the carving board project. More hand sanding, deep scrubbing, and cleaning up the hardware followed. It finally feels like I’m nearing the finish line, hopefully in time for Christmas.


Stella may be skittish but she loves her Harley

I also gave my car a thorough vacuum, pulling out an astonishing amount of flannel fibres I hadn’t even realized was hiding in there. With everything cleaned up, I installed the new bed liner, happily replacing the bright white plastic-coated tablecloth pad I’d been using forever. The whole back end looks far tidier now.


Back inside, I wrote a Hometalk post for the stained nightstand, hoping to build some much-needed traction after a quieter stretch online. S spent the morning perusing his laptop and watching TV, then had lunch before heading to town at 12:30 for his usual Thursday hockey.

I worked on today’s blog and the cutting board tutorial, then began oiling the board now that it was fully dry. The first coat was hemp oil, and since I already had an oil-soaked cloth, I went ahead and refreshed all the wooden cutting boards in the kitchen as well. I finished up using the salad bowl finish.



Princess Renn

S was home around five, Cooper in tow after his regular McDonald’s coffee visit with the guys. Supper was bison ribs with garden potatoes and beets. Afterward, S headed to the TV room for hockey while I settled into bed with Netflix - Outlander, warm and cozy. B braved the frigid night later on to feed and take Cooper home, wrapping up another cold but productive winter day.


No comments:

Post a Comment