Thursday, May 9, 2024

Trailer purge begins

 I was awake at 6 am, wth?? After trying to fall back asleep I just got up, closed the bedroom door and made the coffee. It is a beautiful day!! The planters were pushed outside after feeding H. Time to get caught up on marketing and blogging. S joined for coffee and breakfast around 9. I then saw the magpies getting into the fresh poop piles so headed out to pick the field. The horses were super curious as to what was in the wheelbarrow. If only I could train them to poop in it :) This is 24 hours of poop.



S came out and we got busy on the storage trailer. I pulled the drain on the water trough by the house before we started purging the trailer. So much stuff in there - good, good bye and dang if not soaked. That rain was a bugger on that trailer. The purge went on all day. S took breaks of course heading to Matt’s after lunch to lift stuff with the skid steer and access a power project. It is 22 degrees out today and the trailer is toasty.



This poor table top is water damaged but with perfect legs I think it will pair nicely with the Stolz tin top we have. And how many spare bed frames does one need??


We set up Britt's tent to be sure all is there.. just missing the pegs to hold to the ground and this extra piece we have no idea what it is for.


Holy cow this is where all the missing baby stuff is, in a huge plastic container. It got hauled into the house to sort.

I had Hutterites stop to take knife blocks, Tupperware, my childhood macrame hanger, planters and the 2 metal end tables. There was no room for the coffee table but she says she will be back. Matt & Sheldon popped over to look at the trailer maybe changing their plan to one like this vs a sea can. Then they were off meeting the jumbo tractor sprayer guy at the gate. It took him only 6 passes and $$ to get the weed area S wanted and was gone in short order.      


This was Sheldon's project - taxes all the way back to 95 I think. These are all heading to a fire pit near you.

I continued my organizing and purging. I found loads of stuff I forgot was stored out there. As well as many things I no longer wanted to do as paint projects. The giveaway things were posted as I went along. Sweeping as I moved things was satisfying too. S was back from Matt’s with skid steer so graded our road and yard. He then ran to town after 4 to get parts for Matt’s project. He also picked up Cooper and supper. I was watering the planters when he got back at 5:30.        


And Kaylin thought all her treasures were moldy, nope. Renn has a motherhood of stuffs and Barbies.


And Nana's house is going to have SOOOOOO many new toys.


video view of my work


progress


Time to let these all go




Shaina is babysitting Renn today and sent this sweet photo and video


We ate our Vietnamese with a cold beverage. Of course there was hockey on but he did leave the games to head back to Matt’s at 6:30. I started uploading today’s photos to post more items. Sharon arrived so we visited while Timba ate. Britt was out late at almost 8. Sharon wanted to hear about Kentucky before she headed home as Bird ate. B and I tacked up and went fr a beiatuful ride. The whole day was spectacular weather wise but this evening was just amazing. No wind, no bugs, golden hour and out for a ride, bonus.


I came inside after cleaning up and letting Switch out. Sheldon was back from his wiring and grading projects at Matt’s. B fed Roo and tried to brush Beibs. S stopped to say hello to her then in to update his time sheet. B headed home and we headed to the hot tub. The beautiful evening was dampened by the feedlot smell but we survived :) Showers then a yogurt bowl while S watched hockey and I wrote the blog.

and to end your night, just little Renn cuteness





No comments:

Post a Comment