Monday, May 6, 2024

Rain prep day

Today was a lets prep for rain kinda day. Coffee and brain games and a bit of internet perusing for S and marketing for me. But before heading out we had clean floor Monday underway with S vacuuming and me mopping the main floors. I had S help me carry in the coffee table so I could stage some photos.




He headed out to hook up the blade and finish the 1/4 of the winter pasture. I looked out to see he had left all the gates open to the yard and of course the horses were coming this way. I went out to close it and noticed Roo did not have her grazing muzzle on. It was in the hay field the little rascal. I had to make her food, catch her and put it back on much to her chagrin. S ran the quad out of gas so came and got the ranger.

.

While I was out I thought I would water my raised garden and planters. This lead to trimming the lilac seed pods off. S came in for lunch at noon but I had a bowl of yogurt at 11:30 so not hungry and kept working. The lilac trimming turned into a 3 hour task but they looked much better. S had headed back out now moving on to harrowing the paddocks. The skies were lovely but starting to darken. We sure hope the rain forecast actually arrives.



2 other loads of branches this size went to the pit



little miss is on the move with her pony


We stopped for a cold drink on the deck around 3:30. S dropped me at the pit and continued to harrow. I took the quad and blade that now had just a bit of gas in it and did the laneway grass. I dumped the load back at the pit and headed to the yard. I met S coming to the pit with the skid steer to push all the poop we had piled in it neatly to the bottom. 



Above how not to fill the blade on the way back and below you can see we have wore the paint off the bottom with all its hard work this week

Back at the yard I weeded flower beds, fed the dogs and took the tub of bottles to the shed to put in a bag with room left. S harrowed the SE hay field. Having a few blisters forming on hands and feet I came in to post a picture of the coffee table for sale and more marketing as well as writing today's blog.

Sheldon's video view

S finished up as the wind picked up and the temps dropped at 5:30. No hot tub now with the wind so showers were needed. I stripped the bed and got laundry going. Chili filled the bellies then S hit big brown for the next round of hockey. I pulled in my planters I put out this am before working on blogs. It was then time to move to the freshly remade bed to read. The wind picked up more. I forgot the garden shed door open so went to close it. It was like hurricane winds on the deck with the furniture all piled up again. S took the quad down and opened the winter pasture gate to let the horses to the shelter.


see how lovely the pastures look with all poop picked


I finished my book just before the hockey game ended. S and I then finished the Gentlemen season. He was off to sleep while I finished the season finale for Blown Away. The winds HOWLED all night long with a bit of rain blowing in around 9ish and more thru the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment