Monday, April 22, 2024

Happy earth day

The wind is STILL howling and from what I heard yesterday it is southern Alberta wide. The recently disced fields to the east have top soil blowing away in huge clouds. We had our coffee to motivate us. I got laundry going and an earth day post on my business page. S took H out for a bath while I changed her bedding and vacuumed. Today Renn, Kaylin and Beans were coming to visit but Kaylin text they had Shaina's sickness and feeling awful. Awe, poor girls, being sick is no fun especially if you're a baby. Sad we won't see them but hope they get better fast. Shaina says felling tired but better after her bout.

I transfered laundry then grabbed my returns to take to town. S went to check the trap and sure enough the cat was caught. He loaded it up in the back (if it wasn't windy enough without riding in the back), I jumped in after opening gate and we were off. I made it to my 11 am appointment just a few minutes late. On the drive to town I messaged the cat sanctuary. Even though they were closed the lady met me after my appointment and she kindly took it to her shelter. We will pick up the trap tomorrow when the BP monitor is dropped off.


Next stop was to pick up some seeds and egg cartons (for Matt) from our "jar" gal. She left me a sweet mug for my birthday with them too, THANK YOU! Next we picked up Cooper for the day then to Walmart. The 2 fellows waited in the truck while I did returns and grabbed some gifts to add to Aislyn's gift. We looped thru Dairy Queen next picking up lunch and gift cards for the Paetz girls birthdays.


The new mat is Harley approved

Back at the ranch we ate quick. Harley had scrumpled up the door mat to make a bed and the disintegrating rubber back was everywhere. I took out mat and vacuum and put down the new one I bought. S was resting in big brown perusing the net. I suggested today might be a good day to get up in the attic to survey where the new lights we ordered could be installed. This project turned into huge challenge and puzzle for S with half the attic roof area spray foamed blocking access off. 


Cooper knows the word WALK and gets so excited. This was after his crazy burst of excitement.

I bundled up with a toque and wind proof winter coat and took the dogs for a walk at 3 while S pondered the light install.  It is insanely windy even at 15 degrees but we did it. Back at the house we tested the brightness of one light and decided to can the whole project. I printed a return label and got it ready to mail. While on Amazon, I resent Christmas and Birthday gift cards to my Goddaughter Olivia that she never found in her email.


The corso slime indeed has lots of acidity that eats the rubber where drooled. But the rug looks good out with the grey garage steps. Especially since the rack was scrubbed down too.

Hockey games started keeping the prince entertained. We had left overs for supper which made it easy. I then took the dogs for another walk to the gate to hang the huge stack of yogurt containers a teacher was going to use for a school seedling project. Be darned if there was not a parcel left there. The 2 cases of wood filler were like wearing weights on the way back. The blood pressure monitor going off every half hour is getting old too.


The cat sanctuary posted the strays close up in hopes of finding his owner or eventual adoption. Poor guy seems to have lost the tip of his ear in his winter survival.

B was out at 8 to feed. She also lunged Roo out in the east hay field. The wind even let up quite a bit, finally. Without wind the world is a better place ;) We did the usual move to bed to watch the late hockey game with me watching YouTube videos. I had to juggle this BP monitor, tubing and cuff along with my liver pack and eye compress. A real cacophony of health aids LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment