Monday, April 29, 2024

Birthday lunch

I did not push out the planters today as it is cool and very cloudy. It was then computer work for me paying my taxes finishing and publishing a blog post. Laundry was started  while S ran the vacuum around the main floor. We moved the few things under the lift in the garage then S got the fireball out to take to hockey at 1. I headed to town to grab a library book before meeting Sharon and Coreena for my birthday lunch at noon.

It was an enjoyable 3 hour catch up as it has been over 6 months since our last birthday lunch. Lots to catch up on with C having 5 grandkids and Sharon soon to have 4. I stopped to check if cat food was on sale and looked at outdoor plants. Tomato plants were $20 but I passed calculating I would need 10 pounds minimum to pay for itself. Think I will hope my seeds grow.


S was just leaving the arena and to the accountants. Having the fireball meant no keys for B so I picked up Cooper after grabbing a tea. The weather was breezy and cool all day. Kinda spitting now and then but no rain as forecast. Back at the ranch S was taking the skid steer to Matt’s for a job lifting a big fertilizer bag. I continued the laundry.

It didn’t take long and he was back just as graupel started to come down. I had noticed the the horses ripping around. They are good weather detectors. It was short lived covering the ground but melted soon after.



crazy soft fluffy graupel


S cooked up maple sausage from Mom along with his fave KD and a bagged salad. It was very tasty sausage, THANK YOU! The skies were very dark to the south so S pulled the fireball back in the garage and put the skid steer in the shop. I repotted the schefflera B gave me into a bigger pot. I also dark waxed 1/2 of the planter.

B made it out before 8. She fed, refilled the minerals in the far paddock then was of to finish packing at 8:30. They leave tomorrow for their week long trip to the Kentucky Derby. The rain finally started to actually soak the deck. And sound like rain!! What a glorious sound.

Hockey dominated S's evening at island, big brown and then bed. I finished up blog editing and marketing then watched Blown Away in bed.

Now for your daily dose of Renn cuteness









No comments:

Post a Comment