Monday, April 8, 2024

Garden plans underway


how is she 10 months already?

Monday started out fairly average with my usual awakening after 7:30. Coffee is made with grounds now so requires a bit more prep but it was on soon. More garden planning was researched while S ran over to help neighbour Marvin lift a new rotor tiller off the back of is truck with the skid steer. How handy is it we might be able to borrow that.


Once he was back, we donned our jackets (it was colder than it looked) to do a test dig. It turned out the ground has at least 10”of topsoil. I think we will go with till it then add more top soil from the pit on top. It was then off to town after 12 with Harley eager to go to. We let the horses out into the hay pasture seeing it has dried some. Har spent the next few hours in her favourite back seat. We had lunch at Opa. They gave me a free birthday wrap!! Thank you!  Our tour continued to our old Grande Point culdesac to get potato seedlings - Pontiac red, Bellanita fingerling and Yukon? white. Thanks lady!

We toured around the rental place to see if any of the crap in back yard was gone, nope! S was dropped at the arena for shinny and I was off to get my nails repolished. I was done in 1/2 an hour with a pretty soft purple.

I was then off to Walmart to pick up garden seeds and a couple groceries. On the way to pick up hockey star Sheldon I grabbed Cooper. Back at the ranch groceries were unloaded while S grabbed the massage wand. Only 2 of the horses were out in the hay field so I attempted with the help of Harley and a timid Cooper to get the other 3 out. This was almost complete but at the last minute a reverse plan. I called S out to help and eventually I led Switch then Bird out the gate to the big pasture. 

S and I rolled up 2 of the 4 snow fences. We set up the water trough in the far paddock to divert traffic on the well worn house paddock. However there is  freeze along the line somewhere so plan b. We set up the big blue trough in the septic paddock and took a couple rails off the east side for them to enter.

The winter pasture gate was closed for now hoping all gets a bit of reprieve from the constant trampling. I did multiple poop loops today now all the snow is gone. S filled the water trough and pulled the snow fence posts while I made a huge spinach salad and threw the salmon in the oven. Another delicious and filling meal.

Sitting on the couch with Sheldon, Cooper alerted us to a fox in the near paddock. He chased it off as Britt drove in just before 7:30. She fed in the new area then took Cooper home. S and I went for a hot tub soak and relaxing evening with baseball watching followed by some Car Masters episodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment