Thursday, November 11, 2021

Remembrance Day

Cooper was awake at 7 as he normally is up then and fed before B goes to work so I let him out and then to kennel to rest till doggy breakfast. They then were off to play for a bit then in and out all day. With our  couple coffees I did a bit of marketing before we watched the 10 am Remembrance day service in Ottawa. 


Then I got busy on the dresser. The drawer fronts were stained and the body painted black. I finished up just in time for noon news where S had a tuna sandwich made for me, thanks.




After lunch I went out to feed the horses and spray Biebs leg while S checked his trap. It was so beautiful out with NO WIND or clouds and all sunshine so the plus 5 seemed so much warmer. We loaded the dogs and headed to the river. We found legacy island, the place I took the photo of not knowing last time we headed down there. We embarked on a 4 km hike which the dogs loved so much. It was hard to imagine such a beautiful November day.


Lots of critters like the lunch bell time


We found varying trails out 2 km where a group of people and a puppy were having a fire and picnic having docked their boat. This may be a new venture place for us. On the way back we took the wider paths that looped thru a cabin campground. It was really nice and just at the very end as we were gong to cross to the truck the dogs took off after a herd of deer, not barking just running. We made our way down an embankment to cross when we hear a crazy guy yelling at the dogs (or us?) saying get off my F'##@ land, Get off it or I will get my F'#%$# gun! He was yelling and the dogs were hurrying to find us and when he finally saw me I said "sorry I did not know" and he just stomped off. What a way to wreck a fabulous walk.





listen to the river above and yep there was ice in places; Cooper is not scared of ice, see video below








Sheldon snapped these 3 photos





heading back video

We loaded the tuckered out dogs up and headed home at 4. Back home I fed them supper and pulled out fish for ours. Shaina was hustling out the door having to rush and get a covid test done in the city. Can you believe they charge $80 for this and others were as high as $160!! The government pages I found said it was not needed but her West Jet info said otherwise. We cooked up supper as S bounced between the Flames game and news then he was off to TV room and I to catch up today's blog with a new show by my side; The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

No comments:

Post a Comment