Friday, June 25, 2021

Vaccine day

H was out on the deck before 6:30 enjoying the sunshine, I called to be sure Shaina was up for her 7 am meeting which she was. I put H in the garage then back to bed until I heard Shaina filling her water bottle after 8 and off to the gym. Early workout for this gal. I fed H and got on to marketing while S made coffee. He checked and found the cats already out after moving the board at the back opening. I let the horses all out together after opening the far paddock for the day. S then went out and shot 2 gophers I saw while doing so.

We loaded up and headed to Siksika to get our shots with Shaina driving. It was well set up and we had our shots and on our way home in less then an hour. 







lots of displays here to see


we picked up the mail on the way by and these treasures hand crocheted by Deb were there, THANK YOU!! <3 them

We cooked up bacon and leftovers for a lunch then Shaina got back to work and we headed to town. Errands included swather oil change parts, groceries, screws for the dining table Kaylin is using, an iced coffee, picked up Cooper, S did running of the bulls stuff, I cut Amanda's snapped off peonies and we dropped a bag of trash before arriving back at the ranch around 4.


the rain jus pummeled them


all the snapped ones cut and put in a bucket


and carefully set at my feet

I cut them all again and pulled off extra leaves, it looked like a flower shop on my deck then I helped Sheldon pin the baler to the skid steer and move out of the shop then Shaina and I did our west loop with the dogs stopping to give the horses the water melon rinds on the way. It was so windy now and up to 27. S then changed swather oil while I cooked up supper.





Around 7:30 S headed out to take a few loops around the hay field. After I washed up all the pots and pans I headed out to paint the table another coat of white.


The wind finally let up a bit so Shaina and I went out for her to take some drone photos and video. As we were doing a swather video the battery started to get low so I ran in for another. 









watch some video footage here of S swathing

In the meantime it went down in the field. She and I searched on foot but I suggested we get horses. B and Dave had just drove in so B jumped on Pepper and Dave on foot joined Shaina and I. Our recovery mission panned out well with Harley actually ending up right beside it.








A few seconds before Cooper was fully laying down in this mud puddle LOL


3rd battery and she is gone again, check out another video view



B finished feeding the 2 and the rest were put in paddocks then we came in to work on Dave's back to work letter. They headed for home before 10 as S was pulling in to replace some swather guards that broke. The night was gorgeous now. I went and opened the middle paddock gate and closed far for the 2 larger girls then stopped by to check on the repair man. He and I put away the cats then inside before 11 calling it a day. Of course I had to watch a few episodes of Manifest before I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment