Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Another hot one out there at 35.5C

H wanted out before 5:30 so I let her out and opened the garage doors to cool down as it is 31 in there! I was up at 2 am for a bathroom break and piece of bread and it was still 24 outside and only down to 21 now. It is crazy how many daylight hours we have right now. S had his alarm set to get up at 6 to get the baler ready and start this am early. He made coffee and toast taking a mug along. This plan did not go quite as he hoped. He was still at the shop when I fed Harley early before 7:30. I picked a bouquet of my peonies to enjoy inside and put the soaker on the back bed seeing still shaded and today is to be yet another scorcher.



Inside I made a cap and started marketing then switched it up to an iced coffee as I staged the blue frame and got it posted for sale on a few sites. S finally headed out to bale at 9, I popped out to see the first bale roll out at 10. Seems it was full of barbed wire the prince baled up LOL.

Next I prepped a new jewelry box to paint inside today; hardware removed and drawers vacuumed and it all scrubbed up. Starting the day so early had me eating my Edo leftovers at 11:30. It was then on to painting the first coat of soft yellow.

S stopped to grab his water jug and bag of spitz before 1 having rolled up 3 bales in total! Shaina was up to make a croissant then took a call on the deck. She helped me move the vanity base to front door where I have the drawers and such ready for pick up later today.

I painted a second coat finishing up when Sheldon came in at 2 having completed 2/3 of the field and has 4 bales so far. Eeeekkk it is going to be one of those slim pickings years. He hit the couch for a nap. I painted a 3rd coat and then arranged the transfers I plan to use.

Shaina was off to the gym before 3. The vanity was finally picked up before 4. I helped them load it all up and on their way then I headed out in the 35.5 degree heat to hose the horses. I text S to come help then we bathed Harley. I waxed and applied the sunflower transfers to the jewelry box, now to stage and get ready to post tomorrow.

Shaina was back before 5 as I was cooking up the goulash for supper. We were watching the news to see more high heat records broken .. 49.6 C in the same BC town as yesterday. WOW!! Could you imagine? There were town records broke in AB with a couple places hitting 40 C

B was out later after 7 picking up chain lube for the prince before heading to get Cooper. I traded her supper for the pick up. She hosed horses gain and fed the 2 then was off for home to her new A/C unit working well in her bedroom. I hand watered the garden, Shaina did studying on the deck and S sprayed a shubert tree full of bugs and started watering others.

my baby plants are blooming.. ok 1 out of 3

Shaina and I took H to the gate after 9 then she was headed inside. I watered elder and front bed/pots while S hosed evergreens now. It was such a lovely night once the blazing sun set.


tried to get a photo of Luna with that pretty background but this girl was on the move, no time for a photo shoot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment