Friday, February 24, 2017

snow day

Hard to believe it is the last Friday in February. It started out foggy but by 9 the snow started to lightly come down in increasing volume throughout the day.


I started spray painting the now dry hardware. Another custom paint job was dropped off at 10, a handmade desk. They visited for a bit and picked a paint color and then were off.


Time to move my new shelf into place and get the paint all moved over. Sheldon helped me move it into place then he worked on his GST books. I had everything reorganized by noon stopping for a grilled cheese compliments of chef Shelly, thanks.


Once I chowed down I was back out working on the hardware giving it a hammered look like the new knobs. I think they looked great and once passed by the customer I replaced them on the dresser and time to stage all the pieces. Again I called for my spare muscles to help lift the dresser off the rolling cart.


 


He helped me load back on the cart and was off with Britt to hang the doors in the barn. They look great, now for hardware




The desk got a quick scrub down and left to dry while I came in to join Sheldon for Ellen and update my blog while watching. The snow had a wee break and the sun peeked out briefly but was soon back. I prefer the soft snow covered look to the nuclear so it is all good.

Supper and back to work, Sheldon to his books and hockey and me to the garage. Britt was back to Netflix and napping. I made drawer holes bigger and Sheldon drilled 2 new ones in one drawer then I put on the first coat of white. I also put a couple coats of tough coat on the bedroom set for added durability.

this piece has seen allot in its life and has many dings and bangs and the customer wants them left but I had to add 2 new buttons as that drove me crazy ;)




and after the first coat had a couple hours to dry I put on the 2nd coat and it and the poly on bedroom suite tops before heading to bed to watch some Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment