Thursday, September 10, 2015

recovery day and back to college

After a long night for me but a not bad night for Britt I was up leaving her to sleep. I headed out and hosing Bird and put honey on some of the smaller wounds.
this is honey on the back right, sits ok in this position but harder to stay in others but a great healer

Back inside I found Britt with books spread out trying to do an assignment due today, no way lady put it away. But it is due at noon and I cant miss it unless I have a dr note! Well one phone call and that was lined up easy peasy. She eventually agreed to put the stuff away and rest but complained the whole time of how bored she was. I had all blinds closed so she could move from bed to couch but it still stifled her juju. I did let her done sun glasses and walk out to paddock to say hi while I tossed Bird and Julio hay then ushered her back in to rest. She was also worried about photos on Friday and clothes for the weekend so I called rez to organize a pass key arranged so Grady could grab what she needed, they said sure but would be 2 staff, this stressed her out more but was at least a viable option to get things home. I let her head teacher know the situation and she replied not to worry, they would assist with catch up in a situation like this. I did vet chat to best wound salve so ordered the green cream then make as Britt really felt it worked well after the hail/barb wire incident. Vet Jody said honey was a good choice as well that I used previously.
busted trying to do home work
 just her hip road rash, ouchy

Britt came along to town with me, I dropped her at the tanning salon to try an infared sauna for the aches while I had my acupuncture. After picking her up we drove to Paetz's to drop off the donated items, Craig and AJ came out to say hi as Asher was at first day of preschool and Ada was sleeping.
We quickly got wound cream at the vets, picked up the note from Dr saying no school for 3 days and grabbed more Tylenol before heading home. Shaina was at home having arrived earlier with Lexi, rode KD, roached her mane and handed the welcome sign off to the buyer who stopped to pick up. After a quick hello she was off to work at 3. Britt laid down for a well needed nap while I loaded boxes and paper to a gal needing moving supplies. Whitney and Sharon popped over to visit Britt for an hour before she and I went out to doctor Birdy. Britt did the hosing and cream application this time. The bale guy stopped with a check too which was nice and he hasn't even picked them all up but was impressed with the 2nd crop coming up.

By now it was almost 7 and I realized I had not yet ate today anything other than a mini pepperoni stick so got out my left over Chinese food and warmed. Britt was now hungry too so wolfed down her soup, a hot dog and was still hungry so I gave her half my Chinese. She joked she must have bumped the eat allot part of the brain but was good to see her appetite back. This and the fact she rested for most of the day but was feeling better convinced me to allow her wish of going back to Olds. Shaina was able to cut her shift short and come with us so she got changed and we headed to town grabbing teas for the ride then met Shaina at A&W to park her car. As we waited Britt said she was still hungry and wanted a burger so in she went, when Shaina got there she too ordered one and they hoovered them down as I headed into the sunset as it was now quarter after 8.
We arrived in Olds and being the kind sister, Shaina offered to carry her super heavy back pack and Britt on her back lol. Britt was excited for Shaina to see her room. We visited for a bit then ventured back home at 10:20 arriving home in just under the hour and a half. Unfortunately I took the back way home forgetting Shaina's Jeep was at A&W so off to town we went to grab it for her early shift in the am. Britt had text just before we got home but had not answered our replies so after my mind started racing that she hadn't I finally called at 12:30 waking her up. Opps good to hear your voice B back to sleep.. for both of us. (and Lexi who I had to let in bed with me a couple hours later as she rattled outside the door lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment