Thursday, April 2, 2015

many projects on the go

Late Thursday had NO WIND!! yahoo. After a coffee and get Britt out the door for last school day before 10 day break I went out to distress the dresser/hutch.I buffed up the accent table and snapped a few pics.  A gal stopped to pick up some of the purged frames before lunch. Guess what lunch was... yep Chinese food, why does it taste just as good the next day?

I scrubbed up the sprayer and got varathane ready. I got a gallon that was 1/2 full at recycling. Not only do I save furniture from imminent death but also the planet with my paint recovery efforts. It is shocking for see new cans with $50 price tags on them and most almost full tossed out. Open, mix strain and use! First coat got blasted on and while drying I went out to recover tubs and such strewn over the yard.
I thought the forecast for snow luckily missed us but little snow balls started to fall as I began my yard pickup. It did not last long and blue skies could be spotted behind the clouds. However once the sun came out it was short lived and another snow burst came thru.

Time to get scrubbing the hardware,  I was thinking black but wonder if to strong with the soft grey? so now thinking white? what say you? I also scrubbed a couple of the kitchen pieces to start red and stained a board I plan to use as a prop in my coffee hutch. And a long wood frame which will become my last chalk board for awhile. It and the large board for dresser got a coat of black chalkboard paint.


 good bye shiny brassy gold
A great customer and her wee spark delivered a couple boxes of girl guide cookies.. supper perhaps? :) I scrubbed up brushes, a task like changing diapers for a new mom then scrubbed my new insulators, I would think I have enough until I wash them and think I never can have too many, so pretty! I painted the first red coat on 3 kitchen items and now need a plan for the lazy susan. Stencil a quote, chevron, stripes or just add dark wax?? After good four hours drying time a 2nd coat was sprayed on the dresser and now it dried overnight for next step.

The snow continued off and on, grrrr but good to keep focused on painting. I painted another red coat and black chalk paint, scrubbed up the bread box ready to paint tomorrow and gave the red pieces a coat of poly too before coming in at 9 just as Britt got home from working after school. She finished up her Chinee food and was off to hot tub with friends at Grady's.

No comments:

Post a Comment