Monday, September 30, 2013

887 - wind still blows, Vance turns 10!

Day 887 self sufficient Britt was up and off to school as we were getting going. Coffee is our new morning ritual like so many people but I can only drink with my "creamer". The Tiffany blue dresser is being picked up today so I put another coat of wax on the top then painted 2nd white coat on the chair and distressed it while Sheldon changed oil in the truck.

He packed up another lunch and was off again at 10:30 to help Steve finish up his canola. I came in, buffed the wax top and worked on blog for a bit. Shaina was up and out the door just before noon to meet Gail for lunch. The  wind continued to blow all day long!
I reupholstered the chair top, waxed the chair and white end table then changed the end table up by spray painting the brown glass, which looks much better. Kaylin stopped at 3 for a nice visit and Shaina was home from town around 4 to get ready and head back to work at 5. Britt did not get home from school till after 4 having stopped at Starbucks to get her DD fee :-) Kaylin went thru clothes and theatrical makeup while I prepared supper and Britt did homework stopping to try makeup and clothes now and then.

table glass painted black.. much better

 Britt rocking the tooth decay and glasses from Kaylin's tickle trunk, oh and a wig
The dresser was picked up after 5 and the buyers were very happy with the job. They hope to come back in spring after their house is built to purchase more, nice!

Sheldon arrived home from another hard day of harvest just after 6:30 and the 4 of us enjoyed a yummy roasted chicken supper I prepared. Kaylin headed to town to meet Gail and Shaina (whose shift only lasted 2 hours) Sheldon napped, Britt did homework and I perused the internet for treasures and kept my ads current then it was time to watch an episode of Breaking bad.

Today is my nephew Vance's 10th birthday, Happy Birthday buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment