Thursday, September 12, 2013

869 - dr appt = shopping and we have dining room light!!

Day 869, beauty day with Britt off to school and me out watering flowers in the sunshine. Shaina slept in having a day off. There was sadly a wind but I did spend most of the day inside a car haha. After watering I repotted a spirea that died to return to Costco and planted chicks and hens around the culverts. I hope they do well there as it is only low area I have to plant them.

I headed to the city at 10:30 giving a bit extra time to get to 11:30 dermatologist appointment. Good thing as there was a bottle neck on Deerfoot taking 16  minutes to go 1.4km!! GRRRR but at least it was sunny. I made it on time only to have to wait an hour to be seen by her. Of course the appointment only takes about 5 minutes but the clinic was able to get me in that day at 1:15 for a glycolic peel so I had a few minutes to run grab a quick lunch.

Once done that I dropped of the prescriptions which needed an hour to compound so of course I checked out Anthropologie for hardware at Chinook mall for the hour. As I was leaving I thought I should check a store for a new dress for this w/e's wedding. There was a beautiful teal one but not in my size. The only one in all of southern Alberta was in Lethbridge ;-( I decided not to run home in between picking up Sheldon so best keep shopping. Grabbing prescriptions then making next stop Home Sense was next enroute. I love that store and yes found a few treasures.
 missing from collection is the IKEA garage clock, sadly all curtains too short!! :/
Ikea was where I spent next hour and after picking out the new wall units for office I found it sold out not in for 3 weeks at least! Sheldon was to fly in at 4 but texts to say that flight was cancelled so not in till 7. Then he said another delay so not till 7:30 so Costco next then Cartwright Lighting where TADA.... I found a dining room light!!! I also thought of the Stout girls living in Lethbridge and sure enough Whitney is coming home tomorrow so Krista picked up the dress for me, THANK YOU STOUT girls!!
 first find.. $750+
 $350+ but too similar and matchy matchy
 classic drum shade in brushed nickel.. safe and 2nd choice
but my first choice.. the orb.. in brushed nickel and under $200!

Now he text they landed early so I blasted up deerfoot to the airport picking him up and heading for home arriving at 8:30. Shaina and Gail were getting ready to go out for wing night, they had ridden tonight too. The other day Shaina rode, I guess Gail came and rode Scooter too. Conditioning continues.

Sheldon and I enjoyed a cold beer with roast chicken and kale salad for supper then just relaxed for the rest of the night. What a great shopping day. Britt was gone to a hockey game then to a friends house till 1 since no school  Friday tomorrow. Shaina was home from wing night by midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment