Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Flooring plans changed

Windy Wednesday it was. Harley needed to go outside just after 1 am, and I don't mind the sleep interruption since she's NEVER had an accident in the house. EVER. That and the large bison tail she had earlier always stimulates her system. She then went out for her sunbath before 7 am, so I was up early as well. I reviewed my to-do list, things to buy, and played a bit of Flow. S woke up and started the coffee for one in bed. I worked on the blog as he and Randy chatted and planned a camping trip.


The new announcers booth and suites project underway

We packed Harley and set off for town, dropping S at the rodeo grounds for an 11 AM rodeo stock pens planning meeting. H and I proceeded to the rental, returning a library book en route. H remained in the truck, content in her favorite backseat with the windows down, despite the blustery 18-degree weather. Inside, I removed all the curtain rod holders and a coat rack, scraping grime from beneath the metal edges and vacuuming there and other areas. I tackled the fireplace top, removing candle wax, though the water damage and burns might require painting over. Before departing this am, I'd gathered fresh dill for AJ, so I stopped by to deliver it and enjoyed a brief visit.


the wood top looks awful :


thinking about wood filling and changing the scrolled edge design


like my stool?


living room progress

I picked up S at 12:30 and we returned to the rental property. We completed a few more tasks while waiting for the contractors to arrive at 1 PM. Over the next hour and a half, we refined our renovation strategy. The plan to cover the floor with tile, which would require $600 worth of OSB plus flooring expense, was abandoned, as was the idea of covering the linoleum in the laundry area. The basement bathroom will remain unpainted, and the kitchen plans have shifted to painting the raised counter edge and the fireplace top black. The lower counter also requires a creative solution for the warped end. The security system was partially dismantled as we went along. They have many great ideas and now possess the key, and I believe they are prepared to start Monday.


this is the basement landing door... look at the bottom of it


More before changes photos 


Oops I missed Harley in the photo :)

After wrapping up, it was time for a late lunch, so we headed back to Origin, not knowing of another pet-friendly place. S chose a burger this time, while I opted for the brisket sandwich again, and we shared some fries and gravy. When we arrived home, Britt was at the ranch, spending her day off working with the horses. S checked the trees, considering whether to rototill, but decided against it after Marvin, our neighbor, had weed-sprayed the area for us. I tended to the weeding and hand watering of the raised beds and planters, where the wind was much calmer. Later, S drove the skid steer to Matt’s at 5 pm to continue working on the gravel, with B following him out of the yard. Meanwhile, I planted another herb planter. 


Shaina inquired whether we'd be interested in attending the Calgary Stampede with them. Of course! However, she encountered difficulties purchasing tickets online, so I also went online, and we collaborated through FaceTime. It was certainly challenging. Ultimately, she conceded defeat and signed off. I persisted, and after four failed attempts, I managed to secure the exact tickets she had wanted.


I managed to catch up on laundry and blog work at a steady pace. S returned just before 7 in search of food. Since I was still full from lunch at 3:30, I heated some cabbage rolls for him. An older gentleman from the previous evening phoned to arrange a viewing with his wife for Friday, and another man, whom S volunteers with, also expressed interest in seeing the place on Friday. It looks like a sale might be on the horizon, but all want us to proceed with the renovations, not them. 


Later, I enjoyed a walk with Harley during the beautiful golden hour and then wheeled the dolly to the barn. S backed up the truck, cleaned the back out, shifted the hitch, and we hoisted the small GGW"s deep freeze into it, securing it for delivery to Kaylin tomorrow. I returned the dolly and resumed blogging. Two more posts went live, bringing us up to date with Sunday. Past 10:30, it was time to end another busy day. Excited for Renn day tomorrow! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment