Thursday, June 20, 2024

First day of summer

Today, I allowed myself a bit more sleep, not waking up until after 7. After some gaming and browsing Instagram, I made coffee and settled into blog posting and computer tasks. It's Renn's day, starting earlier than usual. I've made myself available for the entire day, hoping Kaylin can maximize her schedule. I fed Harley before leaving just after 9. S had just woken up and decided not to join, having other plans. Despite a few delays due to paving, I reached their place 57 minutes later. Renn was asleep, Kaylin had gone to work at 9:30, and Nathan was now off to his appointments.

Sweet little Renn slept for nearly two hours, and Kaylin had to wake her up during her lunch break before noon. Before waking her, Kaylin made us bologna sandwiches for lunch, then headed back to work after a quick top-up for miss Renn. She had her lunch, and then we set off for the mall at 1 pm. The shopping trip took longer than expected due to a Shoppers promotion offering $30 in points for spending $100, which had many conditions. Eventually, I managed to complete it with Renn, the most patient little shopper in her stroller, who blew kisses and waved to many, receiving numerous comments on how adorable she is. And she truly is. On our walk back home, I grabbed a cold brew, and we even felt a few raindrops, but only a few. 


check out this app on the iPad. It tracks sleep time, temperature of the room and has sound and the night vision to watch the baby at all times. Crazy technology.


pre shopping snack



Minnie Mouse and me on our way to the mall. I caught her mid waving goodbye 


we could sure use that dirt they are hauling away


blowing kisses



opps bad puppy!



Isn't this sweet little berry turtle Amanda made her for her birthday adorable? As is the little one blowing kisses XOXO



She shares snacks with Coco Melon too

Back at the house, I discovered a dog chewed-up wooden puzzle piece... UGH. Renn had some more berries, played for a while, and then was put down for her nap before 3:30. There was a bit of a fuss, but after a while, I went back in and settled her down. Nathan returned before 4, taking over from me as he had finished for the day and was preparing to go out tonight. I loaded up and was driving around the block when I realized my phone was missing. Circling back, I searched the couch and, pressing 'find phone,' we could hear it beeping. The sound was coming through the iPad connected to the baby monitor. Oh no! She was starting to stir. Nathan quickly went in, retrieved it, and I headed out. She woke up after about 25 minutes of sleep, but he said it should be fine for her actual bedtime, considering the 2-hour nap she had this morning. I sure hope so.

Heading east during rush hour, I detoured to the restoration store in search of a light cover and bulbs, but the prices were outrageous. Next, I dashed to Costco to return the dead plants I dug up and pick up a few groceries. I considered stopping by the thrift store for a simple kitchen light, but the traffic, the store's imminent closing, and the allure of a cold beer swayed me to continue home. S had begun preparing taco meat and chilled a mug for my beer, which was ready when I arrived at 6. He had snagged a bargain on baseboards earlier; they were labeled $35 for 80 feet. He sent a photo, but at checkout, they scanned at $44. Fortunately, the photo secured him the lower price, as the tag hadn't been updated with the new price. Score! He dropped them off at the rental property and had a brief chat with the tenants. He also picked up Cooper. Back at the ranch after a late lunch, he completed the connection of the hot wire from the waterer to the middle paddock. Then, he dealt with PH issues in the hot tub before prepping the swather for the upcoming big cut.


irises in full bloom

We enjoyed tacos and cold beer. After dinner, I took the dogs for a brisk walk to the gate and back, while S crunched numbers in Big Brown. We headed in at 8, passing Britt at the gate. At the rental, there were some changes, but many things will need to be assessed upon completion. I discovered the pile of garbage in the middle of the dining room was our responsibility, so we cleared it out, sorting the cardboard for recycling, the trash in the bin for tomorrow's pickup, and the baseboards and flooring scraps into the truck bed. S moved the closet organizers outside, intending to pressure wash them, despite the water ban. I'm curious to see how he plans to manage that.


doors on but not adjusted and rubbing and all cabinets need another coat


baseboards S dropped off today


hmmm 1 piece of flooring laid in the basement


Confused why some of the stuff could not have been put in trash bin outside as they went but we made it look 1000% better and easier to work in the space.

Back at the ranch just after 9 B was finishing her ride. I got to work on accounting which is a bit behind. S putzed around then into bed to peruse news. B headed home at 9:45 and for the longest day of the year it is seeming dark, boo. I headed to bed after 10 to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment