Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Baking and painting kinda day

Shaina was up before 6:30 to make an iced coffee for her early morning meeting. Sunrise was beautiful today and after letting H out and to the garage and playing some games I fell back asleep till 8:30 when she was back for another mug. H was fed and I made one and did some marketing.


It was then time to get on to a project. I mixed up black milk paint for the desk. While it thickened Shaina made her famous breakfast muffins for our brunch around 11. 


I got busy painting the desk in a wash finish. Shaina was off to get a massage just before 12:30, she then will train Sharon and workout. Once the paint was dry I sanded it all. I thought the day was overcast but when I stepped out into the 25 degrees I realized it was the smoke returned.


the tray was staged


After sanding I came in to bake some double chocolate zucchini muffins. I then made a zucchini lemon cake and chopped up a couple bags to freeze. Shaina was back as I was mid baking and off to her work after a snack of course. H's food was delivered just after 4 with all the duck feet, wings and necks sent back due to allergies to them too. I oiled the desk and left to soak in.


Shaina was eating salad and pepperoni so I made a salad for supper too. H patiently waited for her supper but managed to get Shaina to share a few things while waiting. She was off after 6 to the city to go go cart racing with a friend. I went out and wiped back all the oil and used the soaked rag to wipe inside drawers and the desk never wasting any. The lemon cake did not come out of the pan so nicely but I made the icing and taste tested it to find it very yummy. It was now 7:30 and with the sun setting soon H and I along with the 2 kittens went for a walk. We met B and Coop coming down the lane, he came along with us to finish our walk then to feed the cats as B was bringing food out for the horses. I did a poop scoop loop and watered the new peonies again before coming into garage to wipe the oil one more time.

B and Coop were off before 8:30 letting horses out on their way and I closed the yard gate. Time to catch up the blog before off to bed after 9 to start season 4 of Good Girls. I shut it off at 10:30 only to have the coyotes start up near the house. I went out and they were just by the water hydrant and not really scared of my yelling and of course the cats were sitting on the deck. Shaina was then home just before 11 and off to room so I watched a bit more before falling to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment