Thursday, July 23, 2020

Garage is busy today

A good nights sleep helped but still the tummy was a bit off thru the day. The morning started out like a misty mountain look with a high humidity all day. I made a cappuccino while marketing and such then made Shaina a cup of strong coffee with creamer delivered to her bedside at her 10 am wakeup call. She and I then went out and trimmed KD. What great timing as the sun burned off the clouds and the temperature went from 17 to 22 in short order. I watered the garden and pots while she took out the girls, hosed off KD, put back two rails in the corner the horses knocked out and swept the barn mat!


We had some raisin toast and salad for a quick lunch. After loading up her camping gear and such Shaina was off before 1. It was now 25 out and time for me to get the furniture unloaded from the trailer, snap a picture and find a storage spot. I took the awesome brown chair cushions to the cats and filled their dish.




these chairs had brown velour cushions tied on




the mandevilla I over wintered FINALLY is blooming


Now to decide what to do. First was to try and fix Aislyn's broke chair. It seems my wood is not going to be thick enough (top) as the broke board (below).


Amanda and I brainstormed some ideas but after seeing only 2 ledges with brad nails the seat should be original thickness. 


I then moved on to stripping the farmhouse table with a little stripper left in the can so did the little demi lune table and dresser top while I was at it. After scraped clean I started the sanding process. 


I came in for supper at 5 spiralizing some zucchini to go with a piece of chicken. The storm that hit Calgary made its way here but only caused big wind and 10 drops of rain. It did however crumpled Paetz's trampoline in town.


The storm in town and us here


I was working on my latest tutorial for the candle holder when Britt and Cooper arrived before 8. She said Pepper was in the fat pen again, dang it. I saw the top rail in the corner was down but thought B could put up when feeding. I went and put the rail up, tightened the wire that was stretched (see it holding the rail?), hiked to the yard gate and got the electric charger and took it to the middle paddock and hooked up. I checked all the way around the middle pasture but not sure it is indeed zapping but I did have my spongy crocs on. The water was turned on for the middle paddock and I tossed some hay in the fat pen as B and Cooper headed home after feeding Bird and moving Pepper back to his pen.


It hit 28 today but dropped fast now to 17 again. I worked on the blog and more marketing with a bowl of ice cream after giving Lola her pill and putting her on the deck. Going to see if she can make it all night out there. So far she has only made 1 night outside :) I finished the Skin Decision season then got back to Great Canadian Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment