Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Stripping kinda day

There was a wee bit of rain in the night around 3 am but did not last long. When I gave Lola her morning pills just before 9:30 it started to drizzle. This continued through most of the day off an on, no real rain just a mist. After marketing and accounting with a cappuccino I headed out to start stripping the antique coffee table. I put stripper on it and the long French provincial and surprisingly one was allot easier to do.



this finish was easy



this finish was not!


The finish on the antique one was horrible and took forever. I tried 3 bouts with the stripper and it still remained. While I had everything out and stinky I hauled out the long French provincial dresser I bought a few months back and stripped its top. It was easy too. The coffee table was scraped and power sanded later in the day but it needs to dry well I think overnight.



Rain finally began to come down around 4. In between the table strippings, sandings and such I started the custom jewelry box Craig had brought from Oyen for me. It was cleaned, sanded/wood filler added to a few spots then painted a soft butter yellow in two coats each wet distressed after.



one coat and two below



Britt and Cooper popped out around 7:30 in the rain to feed, med B and put a rain sheet on the other B then they were off at 8. I was working on tutorials and blogs and the rain let up around 9 so I checked, 2 1/2 /10ths so far. Not long after the rain started up off and on again. I caught a couple more episodes of Outer Banks leaving 2 to finish the season for tomorrow night.

Happy birthday to Debby along with her retirement, so hard to believe the later but well done lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment