Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Lola’s spa day

Today is Lola’s big spa day. There was a worry when we went to load her up to go and she was not to be seen. A call and she made her way home but the other fart was not to be seen. s took the quad around the peremiter with no luck but eventually he made his way home from the SE corner of the winery. Of course he did not want to be caught so we left him as we ran her in. As we pulled into the yard Matt was ahead of us to pick up bales for seating at his crop tour. S used the skid steer to move them back down and Matt loaded. I started to work on the custom pieces we picked up the other day.


 once all cleaned up the veneer on one side needed gluing, thank goodness I have a few mini clamps

After lunch S started to level the yard road with the skid steer. He finished up around 2, changed quick and drove the quad over to the crop tour. I was outside setting up the quad trailer and started to pick poop off the closest paddock when Shaina arrived soon after S left. She unloaded and loaded things then had a quick bite to eat and visi before she was off to train Sharon at 4.

I ran to pick up Lola at 4:30 stopping quick to pick up my freshly made order of meat pies. I had ordered 24 for meals when our company was to be here and forgot to downsize when the plans changed. Sharon wanted to try 6 so stopped on her way home from training not long after I got the fluffy VERY white dog back to the ranch. I even let her come in and see the house she is always dying to come into. She though the couch was super comfy and Cooper’s snacks very enjoyable.



By now Sheldon was texting the food truck had arrived and I best get there. Sharon was picking up her pies and after giving me a ride to the gate where he waited ended up coming over to eat too. It was the most perfect day; there was no wind, bugs or sweltering heat hovering around 22ish. The meal was good but seeing we only caught the tail end, I drove us back home dropping Sharon at her car.


Back at home, S sat out at the fire pit and eventually started a fire. I started to paint the oval table but it was not long and the dogs headed off to the winery to bark at the harvesters. I took the quad and chased them home but of course Lola got her legs dirty running thru the grass and dirt to get there. Matt was at the fire having brought he load of bales back which did not get unloaded back to the men until much later, this time using the elevator. I had to chase the dog back home again... this is not fun. 

B was now home and she and I caught the horses and went for a beautiful evening conditioning/schooling ride. Bug sheets were put back on the 3 closest mares before B & I came into shower and chill for the rest of the evening. S came in once bales went up and Matt headed home after dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment