Saturday, July 28, 2018

horse day

After coffee in bed I got to work on the tables I just had to touch last night and give myself more work. S started his day cleaning out the mercury for our soon to arrive guests. He drove it up on the lawn and got busy vacuuming and scrubbing it all up pretty.


I rousted Britt to get up and catch horses as Connie the farrier was coming today just after 11. She trimmed Switch, Bird and little Roo while visiting with Britt and I and updating our knowledge banks. (she hosted the clinic Britt took a few weeks back) Sheldon even stopped in to sit, watch and have a beer.
 


She finished up around 1:30 then B and I put hoof armor on Bird and Switch then came in for a bite to eat and drink. B quickly retreated to her room feigning cleaning. S had moved on to his truck after his lunch/beers break.


I hung my new bee house.. come on bees



I again asked B to come clean out the puppy pool and refill and while out she was inspired to do her car too. I touched up the white car's rust spots now all clean while S supervised both B and I from his lawn chair and another cold beer. Hot 27+ day you know ;)

He moved on to washing his fireball exterior while I dug new potatoes and made up all the barbque packs. Supper was so yummy, added fresh garlic I traded for last week. Sadie got a quick blast to the exterior, all vehicles sparkle today.



We all went out for a beauty ride, what a gorgeous night! Once back, I tweaked Pepper's trim and B and I put hoof armor on him too. Time to put vehicles away and capture Lola for the night. Almost a full moon out there, such a pretty night.





check out the height of these alfalfa plants growing in the saskatoon bushes at the winery!! Taller then me on my horse



Pepper loved him some choke cherries





No comments:

Post a Comment