Monday, October 30, 2017

Don't use liquid chalk pens

Monday found Britt off early and me doing yet more marketing and hustle of my wares. Oh and start laundry too. I did finally get out in the garage and get going on more projects, big projects so sure hoping some more dressers sell. ;)

A large dresser was started on; remove all hardware, sand all fronts and sides, wipe well, sand rubbing doors, fill big dings and chipped door area then wipe all well again and arrange on paint table that required cleaning off.


Along the way I dumped a huge box of packing peanuts lol dam! I finally tried to wipe off our family info on the large chalk board. Nope no go, tried vinegar then WD40 again nothing, how about sanding it.. nope. Last resort repaint it with fresh chalk paint X two coats over 4 hours.. and you could still see ghost writing.. note to self and others DO NOT use liquid chalk pens unless you want the design to stay forever!




this is what one has for lunch when one's daughter takes all her lunch meat ;)


I cleaned out the drawers of the ornate desk and wiped down the solid light wood one. The workshop seems to be gearing up for some progress. Next order of business, spending 45 minutes with Canada Post in regards to them returning my parcel from USA even though it got to our PO and I called soon after it arrived! The fellow logged my complaint (this is not the first time, many of the girls parcels have had same issue due to PO box) and suggested a flex delivery and went thru what to do. Get off the phone and get at it only to find our address will not work. Another call to them and 15 minutes later it is confirmed a PO box will not work there either.. good grief! An hour of my life wasted on our government run scam of a business!! Time for a beer.. or two! And tacos for one as Britt has her staff Halloween party and Shaina's boot camp got cancelled.


Today may have been nice looking but only hit 7 and they say cold and snow in the later week. Good thing B asked about leaving her pumpkin in the car last night and I checked. It was to freeze so I hauled in my pots again and sure enough it was -5! Tonight looks similar. Our water leak in the furnace room continues


B was home from her party just before 9. This is her carved pumpkin she did and in the running for their contest. Good Luck B


Sheldon made it home after 10:30 and tried to trouble shoot the water leak. He left a tub under one area and will see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment