Wednesday, October 25, 2017

custom ruler nearly done

First order after coffee was put another coat of grey stain on the ruler and leaving it to dry while I loaded up the clothes rack we borrowed from our massage girl. Thanks Cass for the loan!


one coat then two


I dropped it off on my way to my acupuncture appointment. My acupuncture girl wanted to show me her kitchen dining area for a dining table and island ideas. We came up with converting her current dining table into an island if I can get my carpenter to help. Before I left she offered me a cute desk which we loaded up.

her existing table I hope to upcycle to an island


The day was overcast but warm at 18 when I left but the forecast wind began to roll and by the time I got to the mail box and successfully retrieved mail from our new box it was torrential. The temperature dropped to 11 and by supper 2!

My afternoon once back home by 2 was spent getting the ruler font right and laid out. I also added a few more items to Etsy. Shaina popped home quick to drop off Lexi who will be staying for a couple sleepovers and was off to work out Sharon for the next hour. I had it where I deemed what the customer wanted and finally got started with the tree. Shaina was back by then, ate the supper I made for her and wanted to give painting the tree a go.



Just as I was about to start the family name the customer replied she wanted it moved to center. Wow, that was close but I moved it and got started on it. Shaina moved my car out and pulled hers in to vacuum. Britt was home not long after, ate too then finally decided to go with Shaina to yoga.


Centered not on width as above but rather the length as below.. again another catch thanks to photos and cell phones


I finished the paint pen outline of the name then got fusion paint and went over it all. The girls returned with tea, thanks Dude! Britt even loved yoga as was her first time. I watched Grey's while painting and finished season 5 with the girls joining in on the last episode and fresh popped popcorn. They were then off to watch TV with Shaina (whose staying the night) making strawberries and melted chocolate. I caught 3 episodes of season 6 before calling it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment