Thursday, November 10, 2016

start of days off for the Prince

Today Sheldon has off as well as tomorrow. We were to head out on a mini vacation later today and of course since we could sleep in, I could not. I was awake at 7 am sheesh. Anyway once coffee was made and served in bed around 9 it turns out Yvonne has shingles and doesn't want to venture to jasper tomorrow as planned and may even need to shorten the Edmonton portion. Change of plans are now in order.

Sheldon enjoyed a kickback day starting with making us a sausage, eggs and toast brunch, yummy. I was working on accounting while he whipped it up then headed out to the garage to put another coat of cream on the shelf. I had not painted the drawer fronts as was not sure if I should 1- leave wood, 2-paint knobs white, 3-paint a solid color or 4- paint 3 different colors. My sounding board AJ chose wood/knobs white or solid white. I painted knobs first then continued it over fronts.



I had a good customer wanting to buy the square pillar holders so Sheldon dropped off to her at her store when he ran to town around 12:30 to meet the hay guy to final settle his bill.


As usual he brought home hot chai teas for us, thanks buddy. I was onto distressing the shelf now all was dry but took a short tea break with him. I headed back out to start waxing it all clear while Sheldon went out in the plus 14 sunshine to harrow the rolled out bale area. He found a snapped post so got to work on replacing it. Amanda and the kids pulled in fora visit and pick up eggs delivered last night. The kids helped me give Switch her meds and visit the horses, then the UPS delivery truck arrived too with more paint!! before we came inside. Britt rolled in not long after too (at 4) and joined in the visit and played a few rousting games of connect 4 with the kids before they headed off at 5. Sheldon was just coming in with his finger wound as they were leaving.



horse kisses ;)


Britt chopped cabbage while I browned turkey burger and created my yummy lazy casserole for supper. We caught up on her shorter week due to day off tomorrow for Remembrance day as well as trim D's toenails before chewing down. Everyone was then off; S to TV room, B to homework and me to dark wax detail the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment