Friday, July 18, 2014

tornado/hail warnings!!

Thursday July 17-
last night the rain finally rolled in at 12:45 but when I got up at 8 it was dry and the rain gauges did not even register anything :-( The poop trucks continued to rollin all day long. I started watering the lawn moving it around continually watering until just after 4 when a dust storm blew in shutting it all down. I mowed the back yard with the small mower. Shaina headed to work at 11. I rousted Britt finally to help me. She continued mowing the north end while I spiked a few evergreen trees with fertilizer, trimmed trees and picked weeds. We also tried a vinegar wash on Switch to combat a itchy backside, lets see if it works. Somewhere along the day I tweaked my back which was a pain the rest of the day!
Neighbor Darren came over late afternoon to hook up our truck and trailer, get the skid steer out and load his bales and take to his place. He and the poop trucks carried on during the wind storm which I was just text we have a tornado severe thunderstorm warnings for our area... DAM IT!!

Britt and I secured the horses in the shop eating some hay while it blew over. There was large hail east of us but we were hail free, thank goodness! We got a wee bit of rain is all again not even registering in the gauge. The dishwasher would not drain but after a couple ideas from Sheldon I used my own (siphon) and got it running, yeah me! Shannon came for a sleepover too.
Friday was a cooler but sunny day. Britt was up early and off to work. I worked on the blog for a couple hours before cleaning up all the poop in the shop and hauling to the pit via wheelbarrow. Shaina and Shannon were up late but helped me catch all the horses and I applied cylence then I soaked and treated Hawk and Julio's feet. Improvement is happening but slow. Britt was home from work around 2:30 as the girls ate and headed to work. Shaina will be staying home this w/e to play Saturday, work Sunday and care for the dogs. Thanks Dudie!
 hard to see but here is the near 1/4 of 5 wide loads (taken at 9:30 pm so a bit dark)

The compost trucks finished up early in the afternoon dropping off 120 big truck loads in the end. The last few days we have been mulling over trucks and both dealers found the 6 1/2 foot box (needed to haul the horse trailer) with all the things we wanted. In the end the GMC was bronze alloy like the one we test drove and the Ford was silver again like we test drove but we could not get the limited in the longer box so got the Platinum!! It should be here for Monday! This got a big thumbs up from my brothers and Dad and sure Papa will agree when he hears too!
The boys had a challenge, Jenkins stayed up the longest ;-) while I hooked up the trailer and Britt loaded hay for the w/e.

No comments:

Post a Comment