Wednesday, February 12, 2014

1023 - a little retail therapy

Day 1023 was another early day and -19. Britt made her coffee and put in her new fancy mug. I filled one and after getting ready was on the road by 9 to hit the city to do some shopping and see the naturopath.
First stop at Lee Valley Tools, recommended by a fellow furniture gal, in search of old looking hooks for a barn board rack I want to make. First time in that store was daunting but soon I was on my way with hooks in hand to IKEA. This however did not go as well. I was searching for only 3 things but after misdirections as to where at by staff and many twists and turns in the rat maze I finally got to check out where it was many deep. I left the 1 out 3 items I had finally found and got the heck out.. with no cheese it would seem and a half hour wasted.

The next 2 stops at the thrift haunts secured a few stock items, a quick stop at Home Depot for some supplies (again rushed and did not get all) then it was time to scurry to my doctor appointment at noon. He of course was not on time but eventually I had my turn and I was off again. Time to check out a rustic store called Cozy Cottage, here is a few items they sell then quick stop at Home Sense.
 love this box shelf
 and my dough bowl!!!
 and this dresser .. $800
 I'm still looking for a gate like this and metal wheel and the deck swing below!
Tummy directed me to Safeway for Starbucks caramel brule latte and some California rolls!
GPS took me directly to the IKEA table I had found then it was time to hit my favorite thrift store in the city where I found LOADS of goodies. I was even approached by another lady who claimed to do furniture to comment on my "picks" and want to exchange numbers to share ideas! lol


The last stop just outside the city was to reload up on minerals and feed for the horses. By now the Buick was fairly loaded. Time to head east where Shaina was just leaving for work at 4. She had come home after her sleepover and massage and kindly took Julio some special feed. It seems he took his sweet time while Shaina claims to have gotten frost bite. The day did not get any warmer reaching -16, BOO!


 treasures!!!
Britt was home soon after me having taken the bottles in before coming home. She and I had a bowl of soup for supper then she crawled in her cozy warm bed to read while I zipped to town. Amanda was kind enough to have more stock dropped at her house but it was in the doorway and needed collecting. Gail met me there to get her jewel box. I had a quick but always entertaining visit with Amanda and the kids before heading to Walmart for more supplies, horse feed, gifts and groceries then home tot he ranch just after 9. What a retail therapy day I had, 12 good hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment