Monday, March 25, 2013

698 - more projects underway & 1st SALE!!!

Day 698 was a typical Monday, Sheldon off to work in the city early and Britt on the bus to school. I was up at 7:15 to make sure she did not miss it. Today I had plans to get a few more smaller projects underway to move some stock.

I started with the round corner accent table. I made up some chalk paint with my new mistint can and put on 2 layers. In between layers I worked on sanding the tops of the pine coffee and end tables.
 two layers on
 distressing done
 end table sanded
 coffee table half done shows difference
 the ponies love their new lake

Today was also cleaning and sheet launder day. I spent an hour or so putting things in the hutch but am finding myself quite picky with a few things moved back out :-) I really like the white pottery and items in it with the blue background.
and here is the painted frame in place
Today at just after 5 I made my first official sale for my furniture business. A fellow from Calgary came out and picked up my rustic round table taking it to a new home.
Amanda text that Britt won a door prize at last week's Bangles celebration. Lucky Britt!

A funny story I forgot to share over the w/e was my acupuncture beads. Early Saturday morning I found I scratched one out. I got up and tried to put it back in but groggy and still dark I decided to wait. Once up I had Sheldon insert it again with tweezers. Seemed easy until later in the day and I scratched the other side. This time he seemed to actually pierce new skin rather than find the existing hole. This had me concerned he may have hit an activation spot I might not have wanted.. such as the bowel :-) But it seemed to be ok!

We family watched Wreck It Ralph after we enjoyed a hot chili supper. It is a very cute movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment