Monday, March 4, 2013

677 - Asher day

Day 677 was a lightly snowing white winter day. Sheldon was off to spend one of his last few work days at Encana and Britt was off to school on the bus.
The storm prevented Travis from coming up so Asher came to spend the day with me today while Amanda worked. He arrived around 9:30 and we enjoyed the morning playing, watching TV shows and he hung out with me in the garage while I distressed the round table and waxed the legs.
 

this is an issue, seems Diego likes to mark all furniture in the garage, I moved the leg out of the puddle before taking the picture! Diapers might be his answer

We had lunch and soon after it was nap time for Mr A. While he napped I buffed the wax legs and applied the first coat of polycrylic on the table top as well as vacuum the hutch top and sanding areas. After his nap, we skyped with Shaina who was in bed after the half moon party. It was 5am in the morning but she enjoyed visiting with us. After  the chat we bundled up  and he and I took Diego, Coco and Mr Jenkins for a walk.
 this is the craziest cat who loves walks.. or runs most of the time
 Big D running
 monkey face
 Coco gets some speed

Britt and Sheldon enjoyed visiting with our wee guest. A lady and 5yr old stopped to buy the last of the lacrosse equipment and he chatted them up too. Amanda stopped to get him at 6:30 just as I was getting supper going. Steak supper was enjoyed at our new farm table for the first time, odd how strange it was to sit around a table after so long.
 Asher loves his buddy Coco, perhaps he will be a vet as he gives the vet kit a good chewing over as of late

After supper I went to work in the garage but when I went to sand between poly coats there were a few whoops. Of course there would be but hopefully the touch up paint will blend in with the semi distressed rustic steel blue table which soon will be my first item for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment