Saturday, March 2, 2013

675 - foggy day

Day 675 found us fogged in from late in the night or should I say early morning. The coyotes were right in the yard and after awaking Sheldon he grabbed his gun and was off. Off in his skivvies and a haze of deep sleep. BOOM he let a shot off and I figured he did not even make it out the door it was so loud. Darn it seems he pulled right at the last second and missed.. that was the end of all noise but the fog was like soup even then.

Britt worked at 8 so Sheldon was up too and ran her to town in the fog. He had to pick up a truck end gate handle and tea and was back home by 9. Of  course it was Saturday so why would I not be up at 8? :-) It was a very relaxing day though so can't complain.

I spent lots of time trying to find more furniture and creating a new furniture blog, Creative Moments. This is where I will post my projects I have done and perhaps even some for sale. Sheldon took a bale out for the ponies and put some pellets in covered feed tubs after I found MICE had infiltrated our sacks in the shed. I had 2 ladies stop to try and buy lacrosse equipment. It is good to see it go to other kids playing the fun sport.
Laundry day so I also washed up the spare room and tried the new bedding I picked up, like?

I also spent time in the garage sanding the round table and washing down the hutch. Sheldon and I headed to town at 2:30 as I needed to grab some plaster of Paris as I plan to make my own chalk paint for my table project. Britt was done at 3 and it seems she is still suffering from a sore throat even after she just finished 10 days of antibiotics. She ran in to grocery store and grabbed Popsicles which she thinks will help ease the pain.

Now it was time to get back home. Britt went to bed of course. Sheldon to his candy crush game and I made  short ribs for supper. This recipe is a favorite, can't wait to eat them. I cannot believe though the price of short ribs. I bought 2 packs each with 4 beef ribs and each were $8!! That is crazy, who would have thunk it for short ribs but it has been this crazy price for awhile or at least since I have to buy in the store.

Another lady stopped at 5 for lacrosse gear. The fog lifted in the afternoon but it stayed just below freezing, nothing like the plus 12 they called for Calgary. They are saying a storm and snow is to roll in tonight, let s see.

Supper was so yummy. The fog rolled back in around supper and stuck around. Britt had me take her to a party around 9:30, just a few miles away and it took about half an hour to get there and home as the fog was like pea soup. Luckily it cleared by 1 am when her and Amber got a ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment