Friday, March 15, 2013

688 - brisk sunny Friday

Day 688 started out foggy and crisp. Eventually the sun popped out around 9 but the day stayed very brisk and cold. Britt was off on the bus by 7:30 but Sheldon and I slept in till 9.
Our morning was relaxing with a nice fire. After lunch I went out vacuumed and washed down the hutch with soap water and a scrub brush. I made up my chalk paint for this project too. Sheldon eventually joined me and brought me the hose so I could rinse it all.
 yuck this is what was still  under the hutch bottom...vacuum to the rescue
 scrubbing in down
 even had fluffy snow on the top after bringing in, this did kill the cigarette smoke smell!!

I then moved on to sanding the hutch a wee bit. He worked on assembling his new compound miter saw stand.
 As I was sanding the top of a dresser I saw this out of the corner of my eye. Apparently bolts needed cutting off

The hutch now needs to dry well so back in the house I went. Sheldon was playing candy crush in  front of the fire but soon fell asleep. I finished my book, Still Alice. It was better the 2nd half, Alzheimer's is a debilitating, terrible disease. I hope they find a cure soon.

I spent some time coming up with some sign designs. Britt arrived home on the bus and after a bit took the pets for their walk :-) I gave the cats their wormer before they headed out. (find all 4 in the photo below)
As I made stroganoff and spaghetti Sheldon ran a bale out to the horses. After supper I went out and removed the glass out of the hutch and safely stored it away. I finished sanding it and the pine end table top. Hot tub then to bed to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment