A sluggish start to Sunday — I woke early thinking Harley needed out after her 14-hour snooze, but no, we all drifted back to sleep until just before 9. I made and delivered coffees in bed, continuing the lazy morning rhythm. S eventually got up, dressed, and headed off to church while I got to work on a tutorial for the large round tray and published another Vegas blog post (with more still in progress).
Rain began around 10:30 and lasted about an hour, adding up to .27” for the month so far. S rolled in just as it let up, our coffee order arriving soon after. He reheated pizza for lunch while browsing his laptop, then decided to dig in some posts — only to realize his old camp coat still had last year’s rip. Out came my “stitch witchery” repair kit and the ironing board, and just like that, the coat was good as new.
While the board was out, he even ironed a few dress shirts. I published another blog post, then headed out to paint a dresser while B was harrowing the middle pen with the ranger. She’d had some quad issues yesterday but had it sorted out and came in to mix feed while S organized under the stairs and tucked away the pressure washer. I swept around the dryer and table, moving B’s tack and vet boxes under the hoist to keep the tidy streak going.
Later, S unloaded the Coke machine while I painted the first coat of white on the dresser. After washing up my brush, I snapped photos of the new addition as he attached the auger to the skid steer and went off to drill two posts by the hydrant. The sun made an appearance, though the wind kept up its antics.
By 4, B and Cooper headed home after feeding and filling mineral/salt tubs, and the wind finally calmed. I washed the dog dishes, checked the post pounding progress, then took Harley for a much-needed walk. Of course, I discovered the horses had been digging up all the freshly seeded patches again—GRRR—so I grabbed a rake to even things out.














Looks like a yummy treat!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely was indeed, one of our fav suppers
Delete