Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Helping hands

S called to book his cortisone shot. Low and behold they have one tomorrow at 1:30. B was here soon after 9. I was feeding Har, soaking beet pulp and having my first coffee. She and I went riding before the heat comes. It was 13 when she got here and 20 when we were done our ride. 

Sharon was out to treat T when we got back. She fed Z too. B fed Bird and hosed & doctored a knee cut. She also unloaded more stuff she brought. I gave Harley a bath. B ate 2 pieces of lasagna then headed back to the mountains to keep packing.

After my lasagna I wrote a Hometalk post for the butcher block dining table. I got laundry on the go. S was out working on his tractor. He stopped to eat lasagna and catch the news. He then was back out pressure washing it. Inside too.. WTH?? Fireball and ranger got a wash too. It is 30 out!!


I made a smoothie and we enjoyed on the deck in the shade with a light breeze. Sharon arrived to take Timba to vet appointment. I helped her load and get her on her way. Jamie, Haylee and Olivia stopped for a visit. They also brought Renn the cutest baby gift. 

I threw prime ribs in the instant pot after they left. This pot is amazing. Sharon arrived back with Timba as they were pulling out. I created a potato salad from our fresh garden ones. It was so tasty. Corn on the cob was enjoyed too.

I worked on computer, S watched sports. Once the sun started to set we headed out for a hot tub. Then it was Netflix relaxing in bed.


Just after coffee Tuesday, I saw our Hello Fresh order dropped at gate. Britt picked up on her way thru. She skipped riding today with plans to get the rest of the packing done. She has booked a storage unit to load Monday. I got my steps in taking all her plants downstairs from the door where she loaded in. I call her botanical B!! And she forgot a couple. I took some stuff out of my cargo trailer to make more room to load B stuff.

We headed to the city at 11:30. Passing thru town we grabbed a spicy dill burger. We also stopped to pay the autobody guy cash. I had loaded the play pen and high chair Mom had for Renn yesterday. They were unloaded at Kaylin's. I assembled playpen again while S left for his cortisone shot. Kaylin went to sweep up the busted table glass on their patio. The table glass shattered yesterday with no apparent reason other then heat. Renn tried her new chair and playpen out.


Isn't she the cutest?




I rode in back with her to chiro. She was quiet all the way to SAIT which was the longest car ride stretch so far. A detour in construction zones had her worked up. Her chiro appt was a bit vocal. However after being fed she slept the whole way home while I drove and K sat back with her. S was relaxing on the couch. We visited for a bit. S and I cleaned up the remaining glass stuck in the floor board cracks. Then we set off for Strathmore. The 31 degrees had us stopping at Tims for an iced coffee for the trip.

We arrived at Sagewood where I helped Dad with his supper. Then in his room I gave him a hand and foot massage. We left him napping in the TV room. On route home we grabbed pizzas S had ordered for supper. Totally forgot we had Hello Fresh, oopps.

We had a visit as Sharon was finishing up her Timba care just before 8. Britt and Dave drove in as she was heading out. We unloaded his truck box and he ran to town to horse feed. B and I then unloaded her car. I watered the planters including hers and the garden. She fed Bird. When Dave returned he hooked up cargo trailer. We unloaded the remaining market items so they had the whole trailer. Then they were off after 9. We watched some more Netflix starting a new show called Kalidescope.

No comments:

Post a Comment