Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Custom baling & catch up

It was a slow morning. Our colds are dragging us down. Coffee in bed helped a bit. Then it was time to get to work. S prepped his tractor and baler and was off to Grady’s at 11 to custom bale. I got laundry going and spent a bit of time outside picking weeds in the 25 and climbing heat. It looks like the hot weather will continue for a few days.

He text at 1:30 it was far to dry now. He only got 4 bales done. I moved the trailer with slides out- eeekkk to get my car out to go get him. It showed 34.5 when I pulled into Grady's yard! The average though was 32, still very hot. Back at the house S hit the couch for a nap. I continued my day marketing, blogging and accounting. Of course laundry was on the docket too. I cooked up zoodles for a tasty supper. The zucchini is slow this year perhaps due to drought or too much shade from potato's. S parked the trailer as we are taking a few days off.

We finished Happiness for Beginners (It had good camping tips) then started Heart of Stone. S fell asleep so it is on hold till tomorrow night to finish.


S was up at 6 am. It was 18 degrees outside! He made coffee and toast and headed off to bale. Today is Dale's 53 bday, cheers! I did marketing and blogging with my morning coffees. I did head out in the 23 degrees at 10 to pull more weeds and deadhead plants. S was back home before noon having finished his baling. He got 24 done but had to wait a few times for different factors. He was soon asleep.

After lunch I decided that as the temperature crested 30 degrees I would smooth Switch's front feet. This was not the best time of day to attempt this. But I got it done! I then took her around to eat the alfalfa plants on the grass before releasing her back in the paddock.

Time for the A/C for awhile. I worked on some ancestry work while S relaxed. We cooked up a tasty steak supper. After supper I wrote a tutorial for the damask papered dresser. Once it was finally cooler out, I watered the garden and pots. Suitcases and boxes were packed in the horse trailer for B. S took a break from ball game and hooked up the horse trailer. We enjoyed a soak in the hot tub. After a shower it was time to finish Heart of Stone but S fell asleep of course and again missed the movie ending. I stared Painkiller watching the first episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment