Sunday, September 21, 2014

Custom work w/e

Another nice sunny day, up early as was Britt who was off to work the gym 9-3! Today was custom work, the shelves dropped off last week and 2 stools. Paint, distress & wax.. whew.
 shelves before .. after below on Sunday
 stools before and after
Shaina is packing for the move but managed to make yummy grilled cheese for lunch, THANKS again sweets. Nice to just run in eat and back out to work. Sort of feel like a man :-)

I also painted up a growth ruler which was just ordered and a second one for the open house.


snapped some better daylight photos of the red antiques

Home from work, I forced Britt to take dogs for a walk in the sun. and then vacuum the hardwood... mean Mom I am. And for the child who prefers to babysit dogs, she was off to babysit little Teddy next door while Matt harvests and Marissa runs a 5KM glow in the dark run! This girl is serious about socking away some $$. Did I mention she found yet another vehicle,, this time a mustang for only $10K

After sitting she was off to what was to be initiation party but it seems grade 10's were scared to attend, something about worried about nair in their hair lol Shaina headed to the city after work and slept over at Kaylin's. (not long now until she is their official roomie!)

Sunday I was up early and putting on another coat of top cot on the stools then buffed the shelves and brought in for a few pics. SO many more projects got going, I am very excited. I had to get organized as well which helped me mentally too. Britt was up and off to mow at Goslings by 10.
I started on this canister set & lazy susan with a super distressed challenge from a fellow painter.. here goes

as well as pretty shabby chic mirror

At one a friend stopped to visit and go for a ride but it was not long before another arrived to see the "Open House"! Sandra that is in 5 weeks? oh well show me your dressers! SO like that she bought a dresser which will be on the custom list to be painted soon. She stayed to join us for a cold beer and The afternoon ride turned into a 5 hour visit. Lots of laughs.
Britt came home during then went to town to the gym and brought Brooke back to be Sandra's DD. Once all headed home I brought in the white growth rulers and had Britt do my hand painting while I continued my many projects on the go. Other items started were a handmade wood centennial bowl & wood coil bowl dry brushed.
Shaina got home as we were eating our late pizza supper after long day of work and continued her packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment