Sunday, June 25, 2023

Double concert w/e

Saturday is a beautiful day. Coffee for all before Mom was off to visit Dad before 9:30. I let the horse s into house paddock. I then got busy working on the bedroom suite. This step has me anxious as it is a step that is time sensitive and can cause lots of extra work. Glazing step dries fast and is easily overworked. For the next 3 hours I worked on pieces. I only had one drawer requiring a complete wipe and restart. 

Britt went to have sugaring done by a potential new employee for K and got the best pain killer ever; snuggling Renn

S weed eated weeds around horses shelters. He then took the tractor to the pit to try and tidy weeds there. We both stopped for a bowl of soup and a beer at 1. I had an Etsy shop sale chime!! It was the cup and saucer. I got it all boxed up to be mailed as S worked on his online certification. Seeing H would be home alone we took her for a walk. I then went out and finished the last dressers with the glaze which was another 2 hours but the dreaded part is done. Now to let them dry. S enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub with a couple beers till I was finished.

We then quickly dressed, fed H and headed to town. A stop at Roadhouse for supper before we went to the Brett Kissel concert. I had bought 4 tickets but when no one wanted to join us sold 2. Crazy thing was when we went thru the gates all 4 tickets had been used!!! THANK GOODNESS Sheldon was know by the main gal who let us in, whew! The gal I sold to claims she only used 2. Note to self; only screen shot a ticket or buy only what you need. 


I dont know the name of the opening guy but here is his cover of Sweet Child of Mine



The concert was very enjoyable. After Brett was done we stopped at a friend's box suite for a visit. Mom was very kind and came and picked us up and Uber'd us safely home.


Sunday I was up early showering and then had a hot tub. S slept in. Neither of us were feeling top notch. After coffee Mom was off to Dad's. She was back with him before lunch. 

S drove, Dad slept and Mom, Harley and I rode in the back. Mom got the tour of Britt's new place. She jumped in with us (we left Harley in her house with Cooper) and we went to Granary Road. It is a market nearby. I stayed in the car with Dad while the rest went in for a late taco lunch. After dropping B back and picking up H we headed home. Mom continued on to town to get Dad back. She stayed for supper with him then headed home to Oyen. S and I loaded a BBQ. I fed H quick. We got dressed and were off to the city. A quick stop at Shaina's to drop off the BBQ. We found a parking spot and hustled to our supper reservation at the Saddledome. The buffet was really good with lots of choices. The brisket and chocolate/fruit fountain both our faves. 

Opening artist was Josh Ross. He was a good up and coming young country fellow. You will hear him lots on the radio.

Next was Brantley Gilbert who looked like a tattooed biker but was surprisingly country with of course some rock. I quite enjoyed him






all the lit up cell phones were amazing to see

The main act Nickleback put on quite the show. It was a long night not ending till almost 11. On route home we drove thru McDonalds for fries and a McFlurry for the driver.











No comments:

Post a Comment